Speaking in an interview with The Guardian, he said: “If God wants, Neymar and I will play together at Real Madrid. I would definitely be in favour of him moving to Madrid because it would be my big dream to play in the same side as Neymar. He is my idol in football. If had a chance to play with him, I would feel very happy.”
While there is a possibility that Junior will be loaned back to Flamengo for the 2018-19 season, he is nevertheless looking forward to joining Los Blancos stars during pre-season and training with Ronaldo as well as Brazilians Marcelo and Casemiro.
Junior spoke of how much he admires the five-time Ballon d’Or winner and his hopes of letting him know that one day.
“Every day, I say thank you for being blessed with the gift of playing football. The dream of any player is to have the gift but very few have. I have been given this gift and my desire to improve is even stronger. In this respect, Cristiano Ronaldo is my inspiration. I admire what he has been doing for the last 10 years, playing at such a high level. It is not just talent and quality but hard work too. I hope to be able to tell him that one day,” he said.
“It is always annoying to lose two players but there is nothing we can do, that is how it is,” said Zidane at a press conference ahead of his side’s home clash with Leganes in La Liga on Saturday.
Both players came off injured during Real’s 2-1 win in Munich on Wednesday.
Real confirmed that Isco has a shoulder sprain and right-back Carvajal has an injury to his left hamstring, although they did not specify how long either player will be missing.
Nevertheless, Spanish media have ruled them out of next Tuesday’s second leg against the Germans at the Santiago Bernabeu.
With Nacho also struggling with a thigh injury, being without Carvajal would leave Zidane with problems at right-back, where Lucas Vazquez finished up Wednesday’s game.
Here we take a look at some key stats and facts ahead of the encounter.
– Real Madrid have won each of their three league games against Leganes, scoring at least three goals in each of those encounters.
– In their last meeting at Santiago Bernabeu, the Whites lost against Leganes, 1-2 on 24th January in the Copa del Rey.
– Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 11 league derbies (W8 D3), failing to score in only one of these games (0-0 vs Atletico in November 2017).
– On the other hand, Leganes have never won a derby in the top-flight (P9 D3 L6).
– Real Madrid have not lost any of their last seven league games (W5 D2) and they could go unbeaten in eight in a row for the first time this season.
– Leganes have failed to win in their last 13 La Liga away games (D3 L10), failing to score in eight of them.
– Leganes are the only team that Cristiano Ronaldo has failed to score against in his La Liga career.
– The Portuguese player has scored 24 goals in La Liga this season and he has reached 25+ goals in each of his previous eight seasons for Real Madrid.
– Karim Benzema has scored only two goals in his last 10 La Liga games, both from the penalty spot, the only two penalties he has taken for Real Madrid in the competition.
– Javier Eraso has been involved in at least one goal in each of his three visits to the Santiago Bernabeu in all competitions (two goals and two assists).
Statistics provided by Opta