Ramos was reacting to jeers and boos he received throughout Spain’s 2-1 victory over England on Saturday at Wembley in UEFA’s Nations League.
“One tries to evade (the boos). In the end you feel it, but I stay out of everything. It doesn’t affect my game,” Ramos told reporters after the match.
“I would have liked another reception because people only remember the action of the final, and nobody remembers the death threats that my family and my children received.
“It is a very sensitive issue that people maybe take as a joke… and whistle in a great stadium like this.
“My conscience is very clear. I already explained what happened, and I do not have to give more explanations.”
Ramos has said that he never wanted to hurt Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah in the awkward challenge that forced the Egyptian out of the UCL final and limited his participation in the World Cup in Russia.
“You never expect a reception that is not good,” continued Ramos, “because, as I said the other day, if these fans have something good, it is that they have always been with the great players.
“It has not been like that, but I am very calm, with my conscience very clear in that aspect.
“As I said before, I have never tried to hurt a colleague. There are people who may have misunderstood it, but these are football things. It will not change anything in my game or in me.”
Hola Madridistas. Welcome to Saturday’s Real Madrid blog.
Matt Jones and the rest of the Sport360 team will be here throughout the day, bringing you the latest Los Blancos news, views and gossip.
10:14pm – Courtois responds to Chelsea fans’ jabs
Chelsea fans have had an axe to grind with Thibaut Courtois after the goalkeeper left their club in the summer for Real Madrid, with the circumstances of the transfer acrimonious.
The Belgian has finally responded to some of the criticism. Read what he had to say here.
9:05pm – Uruguayan defender nears Madrid move
Young Uruguayan right-back Jose Luis Rodriguez says he’s on the verge of completing a transfer to Real Madrid from hometown club Danubio.
Read what the defender has to say about the move here.
10:56am – Brazilian could be on his way to Real Madrid, but is it Neymar?
Real Madrid have long been linked with Brazilian superstar Neymar, but it is another, unheralded man from the South American football heartland that Los Blancos are currently tracking – Fluminense striker Pedro Guilherme.
Read all about the latest Brazilian wonderkid here.
9:58am – Real Madrid eye move for Man City midfielder Brahim Diaz
Manchester City’s Brahim Diaz is attracting interest from Spanish giants Real Madrid it has been reported.
The 19-year-old winger moved to the Etihad from Malaga in 2016 but has so far only made 12 first-team appearances for Pep Guardiola’s side.
Click here to read the full story.
Uruguayan defender Jose Luis Rodriguez says he is close to agreeing a move to Real Madrid, with the formalities potentially being completed by this weekend.
The 21-year-old right-back plays for Danubio, the same Uruguayan club where famous compatriots Diego Forlan, Edinson Cavani, and Jose Gimenez started their careers.
Rodriguez, who will initially join Madrid’s Castilla side if he moves, says there was a chance a transfer could have been completed before Europe’s August 31 deadline.
“Before Aug. 31 there was the opportunity to go [to Real Madrid],” Rodriguez said to Sport 890. “My agent is talking to them now, and in these next few days I should be able to travel and try to close it.”
There is a possibility that he gets loaned back to Danubio after signing for Madrid, Rodriguez confirmed.
“Yes [coming back to Danubio is one option],” he said.
He also revealed that Los Blancos are not the only European club to have expressed an interest in the defender, although he added that only his agent knows the identity of the club.
“There is another side, but I would be lying if I told you I knew who it was.”
Rodriguez added that he’s likely to miss Danubio’s next fixture, against Boston River on Sunday, as his transfer gets finalised.
“I will not be playing in the next match, I think.
“I trained all week like normal, but not as a starter. The manager knows I won’t be starting.”
Rodriguez will have a fellow Uruguayan at Madrid in midfielder Federico Valverde, who moved to the Bernabeu in 2016 from Penarol and is currently with the club’s B side. The pair have spoken about Rodriguez’s impending move.
“Yes, I’ve talked to him,” Rodriguez said. “It’s very good to have people you know people somewhere you could end up living.”
The youngster says he’s “anxious” to complete a move to one of the biggest clubs in the world.
“We will be looking to travel soon – possibly before the weekend.
“Right now, nothing is concrete so I am very anxious.
“I lost a few a days’ sleep while I waited for this to be resolved. I have already got my bags packed – but only halfway.”