Dani Ceballos is hoping that Real Madrid don’t sell him amid incoming transfers at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Spain U21 midfielder has shone for country in the U21 Euros and is hoping that he can keep the momentum. The former Real Betis man had a rough debut season and is hoping that he is not shipped away.
“I don’t want them to sell me,” Ceballos told Onda Cero.
“I want to enjoy myself and feel important, wherever that may be. I have a bit of experience and I believe that next year will be my best year [yet].”
Ceballos has been brilliant for Spain in the heart of midfield, playing a key role in their successful tournament so far.
“I play to have fun. I really wanted to show what I’m good at,” he said.
“This year hasn’t been my best season. I wanted to get things off my chest.”
Spain face Germany in the final on Sunday.
Los Blancos have already splurged more than €300 million after securing the captures of attackers Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Rodrygo plus defenders Ferland Mendy and Eder Militao.
Their shopping spree is not over yet either with Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba reportedly next on their agenda while rumours continue to swirl about a move for Paris Saint-Germain superstar Neymar.
But first, funds must be raised through player exits with Rodriguez among a clan of star players Real are desperate to remove from their wage bill while also injecting fresh funds into their kitty.
Indeed, the Colombian joins Gareth Bale, Keylor Navas, Isco plus Mateo Kovacic and according to the report Madrid want him sold to Napoli before he enters the final 12 months of his contract upon the conclusion of next season when his value could decline further.
The Serie A giants had initially looked to seal a season-long loan for €5m with an obligation to buy for €35m.
Carlo Ancelotti has shown the biggest interest in the 27-year-old after Bayern Munich passed on taking up their option to sign him permanently for €42m after concluding two years on loan in the Bundesliga.
Ancelotti was the man to bring Rodriguez to the Allianz Arena before he was sacked in September 2017 having also coached him during his time at the Bernabeu.
Real Madrid legend Raul was announced as the coach of the club’s reserve team, Castilla for the 2019/20 season.
Widely regarded as one of the greatest players to don the Los Blancos, Raul scored 323 goals during his time as a player. After gaining coaching experience with the club’s U-18 sides, Raul was deemed fit for a bigger role and hence promoted.
Madrid’s official statement read “Raul will lead Castilla next season. Raul, who has been a coach of Cadete B and Juvenil B, will start a new professional phase at Real Madrid.”
After Julen Lopetegui and Santiago Solari failed to establish themselves at the club last season, the Spaniard was tipped to take charge. However, he remained in the youth set-up.
Another club legend Zinedine Zidane took charge instead after leaving the club at the beginning of last season following three Champions League titles. The Frenchman too worked with the B team until 2016 when he first got the big job.
Raul’s progress will be carefully monitored , with many believing he can replicate the Frenchman’s exploits.
Castilla managed a top-four finish in Group 1 of Segunda B last season but conceded defeat to Cartagena in the play-offs.
The Spaniard left the club in 2010 as the highest goalscorer in their history but was later surpassed by Cristiano Ronaldo. He won six La Liga and three Champions Leagues titles during his time at the Spanish club.