Federico Bernardeschi undergoes medical at Juventus ahead of move from Fiorentina

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Federico Bernardeschi

Young Italy winger Federico Bernardeschi is poised to join Juventus after undergoing a medical with the Serie A champions.

The 23-year-old Tuscan, who scored 11 league goals for Fiorentina last season, attended Juve’s medical centre on Monday morning and is reportedly set to sign a five-year contract with the Turin club.

Tweets published by Juve’s official account showed Bernardeschi, who earned the first of his nine Italy caps in March 2016, meeting Bianconeri fans before and after his medical.

If the transfer from Florence goes through in time, he will link up with his new team-mates in the United States ahead of friendly meetings with Paris St Germain and Roma.

Most popular

Carlo Ancelotti admits Manchester United target Renato Sanches is for sale, rules out Arturo Vidal departure

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti said Monday there was “no way” that Arturo Vidal would leave the club but admitted that Renato Sanches could be on his way.

Manchester United are rumoured to be chasing both midfielders but Ancelotti ruled out any move for the combative Chilean international Vidal.

“There is no way. Vidal is our player, I have a lot of confidence,” said the Italian coach, asked about reports in the British media about United’s interest in the 30-year-old.

Speaking in Singapore on the eve of a friendly with Chelsea, Ancelotti said that there was a chance that the Portuguese Sanches, who had a poor first season with the German champions, may be heading for the exit.

“Can be a possibility, but can also be a possibility to stay with us,” the manager said when asked if Sanches would depart after just one season, with British media reporting that United boss Jose Mourinho is close to securing a loan move for the 19-year-old.

“At this moment Renato is training with us, is working with us,” added Ancelotti.

Provided by AFP Sport

Most popular

Liverpool target Virgil van Dijk left out of Southampton's pre-season squad

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Virgil van Dijk

Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk has been left out of the squad travelling to France for a training camp.

Manager Mauricio Pellegrino said last week the Dutchman would not be involved in the trip after the centre-back – subject of aborted interest from Premier League rivals Liverpool earlier in the summer – told him he wanted to leave the club.

Van Dijk has been banished to train on his own and when Southampton published the 25-man travelling party his name was not on the list.

Saints are heading to Evian-les-Bains for a training camp and a game against St Etienne on Saturday.

“He is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 1,000 per cent to defend Southampton,” Pellegrino said last week.

“I hope that Virgil can review his feelings because you know that today a player is big business.”

Van Dijk had been targeted by Liverpool but they were forced into an embarrassing climbdown after claims emerged the defender had agreed to join them as the club had not even registered a bid, leading to an apology and public withdrawal of their interest after a complaint was made to the Premier League.

However, the Reds have tried hard to restore their relationship with Saints and Press Association Sport understands they would be interested in reigniting their interest should they be given any indication the player is available, although Saints remain steadfast in their assertion he is not for sale.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular