The transfer window may not open again until January 1 2018 but that hasn’t put an end to plenty of speculation throughout Europe.
Here, we take a look at three big stories dominating the headlines on Saturday.
Will any of the following deals happen?
Let us know your thoughts.
Barcelona are tracking the progress of CSKA Moscow talent Aleksandr Golovin, with a view to launching a summer raid for his services.
The 21-year-old was reportedly scouted by Blaugrana technical secretary Robert Fernandez during the club’s Champions League clash with Basel last week – while Barca apparently also ran the rule over the Swiss side’s Manuel Akanji.
According to Marca, Golovin has previously been linked with Arsenal, with CSKA valuing the Russian at €20m.
With two goals in 22 appearances in all competitions this term, Golovin has been at the heart of everything good about CSKA.
Having spent his entire career so far with the Russian side, only a big bid will convince the club to cash in – but at some stage the player himself will surely be keen to move to a top European league.
With Barca looking for fresh talent in midfield areas, expect the club to rev up their attempts to sign him at the end of the campaign.
Yerry Mina will not sign for Barcelona during the January transfer window, according to Marca.
The Palmeiras defender, who has already penned a pre-contract at the Catalan giants for a summer move to be completed in July 2018, was rumoured to be heading to the Camp Nou earlier than expected.
But, the Colombian now seems set to sign as originally planned in the summer – despite Barca being in need of centre-back reinforcements to back-up Gerard Pique and Samuel Umtiti.
The deal in place consists of a fee around €9m.
The 23-year-old’s signature will be a welcome boost to Barca given how highly rated he is, but the La Liga side are likely to resist the temptation to renegotiate the deal to bring him to the club early.
Ernesto Valverde’s side are light of defensive options, with out-of-favour Thomas Vermaelen, who is likely to leave the club in the winter, and the versatile Javier Mascherano the only alternatives in that area.
It remains to be seen whether Blaugrana will dip into the market for other options, prior to Mina’s arrival.
Manchester United will have to shell out £89m to meet RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano’s release clause.
The Red Devils have been monitoring the highly-rated 19-year-old closely following his rapid rise to stardom in the Bundesliga, having initially broke through at Red Bull Salzburg over two seasons ago.
And now, according to reports in the German media, the Bulls will command a huge price or at least their release clause having been matched.
The Frenchman is attracting attention from Europe’s big clubs but United seem to be at the front of the queue.
A summer bid is more likely though it is unclear how much Jose Mourinho’s side may have been put off given his hefty release clause (and anticipated lofty price tag).
Chelsea have denied there has been a breakdown in the relationship between head coach ANTONIO CONTE and club owner ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, The Sun reports. The Blues’ recent lacklustre performance fuelled speculation that the Italian’s job was on the line. However a club source told the newspaper that the pair are at least on speaking terms – they chatted when the billionaire visited Chelsea’s Surrey training ground recently.
Tottenham may have to fight to keep MAURICIO POCHETTINO from being snapped up by Real Madrid following Spurs’ 3-1 win over the Spanish giants, the Daily Mail reports. The Argentinian is reportedly the number one target to replace Zinedine Zidane at Real if the Frenchman fails to rally his squad. The Mail says Zidane faces a crisis and Pochettino is seen as a long-term solution at the Bernabeu.
Southampton may be welcoming back LUKE SHAW in January as his unhappy stint at Manchester United continues, the Daily Mirror reports. The shock move may see the Saints sell England left-back RYAN BERTRAND to Manchester City when the new year transfer period opens. Fellow Three Lions defender Shaw, 22, has played no Premier League games this season despite fully recovering from ankle surgery.
United are prepared to break their own rules to hang on to MAROUANE FELLAINI, The Sun reports. The Red Devils are said to be willing to offer an extended contract over the normal one-year limit applied to players over 30 to keep the Belgium national at Old Trafford. Fellaini, who turns 30 on November 22, could be offered a two-year deal – and would reportedly be allowed to maintain his £130,000-a-week wages.
EMRE CAN’S exit from Anfield is looking ever more likely after talks to renew his contract stalled, the Daily Mirror reports. The Germany international is said to want a pay increase, although it is too high for Liverpool‘s pay structure limit of £75,000 for players of his calibre. Manager Jurgen Klopp is reportedly keen to keep the midfielder, although his representatives are said to be looking for a figure closer to PHILIPPE COUTINHO’S £160,000-a-week pay packet.
GONCALO GUEDES Paris Saint-Germain’s 20-year-old winger is unsure if he has a future at the French giants after being loaned to Valencia, ESPN reports.
CHARLY MUSONDA Midfielder tells Chelsea he wants to leave in January as his frustration over lack of opportunities grows, according to the Daily Mirror.
Here, we take a look at the transfer gossip dominating the headlines on Thursday.
Let us know your thoughts.
The race to succeed sacked Everton boss RONALD KOEMAN may see a winner before the weekend is out, according to reports.
The Sun says the Toffees are prepared to pay Burnley the £2.5million release fee to secure the services of SEAN DYCHE, after his side’s performance at Turf Moor impressed Everton owner Farhad Moshiri, and he may be at Goodison Park by Monday.
Meanwhile the Daily Mail reports that SAM ALLARDYCE, who has publicly voiced interest in the role, remains a contender after Moshiri held talks with the former England manager’s advisers on Thursday.
The newspaper reports that the billionaire majority shareholder is also considering Dyche and Watford’s MARCO SILVA, although Allardyce would be available immediately.
Chelsea boss ANTONIO CONTE can take solace that his job is not on the line despite the Blues’ shock 3-0 defeat to Roma, the Daily Mirror reports.
Conte has the backing of Stamford Bridge chiefs who accept that he has suffered a run of injuries and setbacks that have hampered the club’s campaign, the newspaper says.
Manchester United are plotting a £50million double raid on Celtic to sign MOUSSA DEMBELE and KIERAN TIERNEY amid widespread interest from rival clubs at home and abroad, the Mirror reports.
Some 17 Premier League clubs were reportedly in Glasgow to watch the two youngsters play against Bayern Munich on Tuesday, although the Red Devils are said to be frontrunners.
Arsenal remain keen on Napoli midfielder JORGINHO although they may have to wait until the summer to get him on board, the Sun reports.
The 25-year-old Italy international, who scored a penalty against Manchester City on Wednesday, is under contract with the Italian side until 2020 – although the Gunners are reportedly unfazed by the prospect of having to pay a premium to take him on.
@DExpress_Sport Man Utd news: Marouane Fellaini spotted in Istanbul sparks Besiktas rumours #MUFC
@Coral PSG have reportedly made Mauricio Pochettino their number one target should Unai Emery leave at the end of the season.
ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN: Inter Milan are interested in the Chelsea centre-back, 21, who made his debut for Denmark as a teenager, according to talkSPORT
CHARLY MUSONDA: Arsenal are planning to snap up the 21-year-old midfielder after his bid to join the Chelsea first team hit the skids, the Sun reports.