Neymar spent four years at the Camp Nou before sensationally moving to Paris Saint-Germain in August for a world record €222million fee.
However, rumours of a move back to Spain with the European champions surfaced after Neymar clashed with new strike partner and Suarez’s international teammate Edison Cavani back in September.
“No, not at all,” Suarez told Spanish sports daily Marca on Monday when asked about the prospect of Neymar moving to Madrid.
“Sincerely, I don’t see it. I know how Neymar is and the admiration that he had for Barcelona and his teammates. I don’t see him now going to play for Real Madrid.”
Along with five-time World Player of the Year Lionel Messi, Suarez and Neymar formed one of the deadliest strike forces of all-time as they won two La Liga titles and a Champions League in three seasons together.
However, despite a bitter fallout between the club and Neymar after PSG paid the Brazilian’s buyout clause, Suarez insists he has only admiration and love for his former colleague.
“Ney is now mature enough and was completely aware of the decision he took,” added Suarez.
“I am sure it was painful because he was happy here, but we all have to accept that he had other challenges he wanted to take on.
“It was an understandable decision that he took with his family. There is no reproach, only admiration and pure love for what he gave this club and the relationship we had during those years.”
And Suarez said he had no role in calming tensions between Cavani and Neymar.
“No, I was an outsider. They weren’t situations that I could control.”
WHAT THE PAPERS SAY
Liverpool will be hoping they can hold on to star player MOHAMED SALAH amid reports Real Madrid are interested in signing the 25-year-old. According to the Mirror, Egypt manager Hector Cuper said the Spanish giants want to bring the winger to Madrid following his impressive 18 goals in 24 appearances for the Reds. Salah joined Liverpool from Roma for £34million in the summer.
Ausburg right-back DANIEL OPARE could be making his way to the Premier League when he becomes available for transfer in January, according to the Daily Mail. Everton, West Ham, Stoke and Swansea are all reportedly interested in the 27-year-old, who is likely to command a £3million price-tag.
Sam Allardyce has said he knows ROSS BARKLEY’s future at Everton is not a certainty – but admitted he would be “delighted” to keep the 23-year-old at the club, the Mirror reports. The injured midfielder has not yet made an appearance for the Toffees this season, and after a failed move to Chelsea in the summer, it appears the transfer saga could continue next year. On the possibility that Barkley will stay at his boyhood club, Allardyce said: “I do not know,” the paper reports.
West Brom may face a fight to keep teenage star TYLER ROBERTS at The Hawthorns, the Daily Mirror says. The 18-year-old, currently on loan at Walsall, has put in impressive performances of late, sparking interest from Marseille, with the opportunity of a first-team start potentially enough lure him to Ligue 1, according to the paper.
A fall-out at Sevilla could see STEVEN N’ZONZI back playing in England, The Sun reports. The 28-year-old has not appeared for the Spanish club since being substituted against Liverpool last month. He was reported to have left the stadium at half-time following the decision. But now, after showing interest in the midfielder during the summer, Arsenal could be willing to trigger his £35million release clause, the paper says.
SOCIAL MEDIA ROUND-UP
@talkSPORT – Tottenham will allow Danny Rose to join Manchester United if they receive £45m
@TheSunfootball – Jose Mourinho explains why Jesse Lingard is perfect for Man United
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Sam Allardyce could make Watford striker Troy Deeney one of his first targets in January after taking the helm at Everton, according to ESPN. It says the Toffees are looking to boost the number of strikers in the team to overcome this season’s goal drought.
Newcastle‘s Aleksandar Mitrovic could be moving back to Anderlecht come the January transfer window, reports suggest. The Chronicle reports on rumours in Belgium that the 23-year-old is looking to his old club after gaining little play time with the Magpies, who are also said to be willing to consider loaning out the striker as part of an option-to-buy deal.
The German international has revealed he will inform the clubs of his decision at the end of January.
Bayern Munich and Juventus are also reportedly interested in the midfielder.
“I have to find out for myself what the next step should be,” he told reporters following Schalke’s 2-2 draw with Cologne.
“I have to consider a million things. I am a person who is very meticulous in such decisions. I play through all the scenarios. So I need time.
“There doesn’t exist a deadline, but I think we are in the final phase.
“The final decision will be made in January.”
Goretzka who joined Schalke in 2013 from Bochum could be available at a cut-price fee in January or on a free should he decide to hold off until the summer.
He starred as Germany won the Confederations Cup in Russia earlier this year while his six goals from 14 appearances for Schalke this season has seen him become one of the most sought after young talents in Europe.
Goretzka will field offers from potential new clubs before taking a final decision.