In-demand Ajax youngster Justin Kluivert has declared he is not “100-per-cent convinced yet” to depart the Eredivisie outfit, despite publicly criticising them recently and being linked to a host of European heavyweights.
Kluivert, 19, scored 10 goals in 30 appearances for the Amsterdam side in 2017/18. Such form has reportedly alerted the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United and Roma to his talents.
These rumours increased earlier this month when he accused the Ajax hierarchy of trying to force him to sign a new contract so that he would command a greater transfer fee.
But in an interview with FOX Sports, the forward appeared to be open to a shock U-turn.
He said: “There are exciting moments coming for me. Let’s see what they’re going to be.
“In the end, it’s my decision. I’m not a 100-per-cent convinced yet. I have to think things through. To stay at Ajax is definitely an option. It certainly is.”
After finishing runners-up in both the Premier League and FA Cup, Jose Mourinho has set about trying to bolster his squad for an improved challenge next season.
Among United’s targets is 19-year-old Porto full-back Dalot, who is preparing to switch the club he joined in 2008 for Old Trafford.
Press Association Sport understands there is a good chance of a deal being reached between United and Mourinho’s former club instead of using the €20 million (£17.5million) release clause that soon becomes active.
Dalot, a right-back capable playing on the left, has only made a handful of senior appearances for Porto, but is considered a huge talent and has attracted interest from many teams across Europe.
The teenager could be joined at Old Trafford by Shakhtar Donetsk’s Brazilian midfielder Fred, while Tottenham centre-back Toby Alderweireld has been linked with a move.
Long-time target Gareth Bale’s clear agitation at Real Madrid will see his future monitored by United, while several players could exit this summer.
Speculation continues over the future of Daley Blind, Anthony Martial, Matteo Darmian and Luke Shaw, while divisive midfielder Marouane Fellaini’s contract expires this summer.
The 18-year old is not the first prodigy from the South American giants Los Blancos have recruited in recent times. They also acquired the services of Vinicius Junior from Flamengo.
Meanwhile, former football star Luis Eduardo Schmidt, popularly known as Edu, has been representing Rodrigues and he confirmed the attacking midfielder’s move to the Spanish giants.
The youngster has signed for a six-year deal from Gremio Novorizontino.
“Wearing the jersey of the best club in the world is a dream and I am sure that I am in the best place to grow as a player,” Rodrigues said.
“I hope to give the fans a lot of joy and win titles.”
Da base do Novorizontino para o Real Madrid. Clube anuncia a venda de Rodrigo Rodrigues
— Grêmio Novorizontino (@Oficial_Tigre) May 29, 2018