Fellaini, 30, has rejected all overtures from the Premier League runners-up to extend a deal that expires in the summer. This potential availability on a free transfer has alerted the Gunners, for whom new head coach Unai Emery and head of recruitment Sven Mislintat have been given just a £50 million (Dh244.3m) budget after two years of heavy spending under the former’s predecessor Arsene Wenger.
French TV show Foot 365 have stated talks will soon be opened with the giant player – who headed in an injury time winner during April’s previous meeting between the Red Devils and Gunners.
Fellaini has also been linked to Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille.
The Standard Liege youth product’s previously spurned two offers to remain at Old Trafford. He joined them in 2013 from Everton, going on to score 20 times in 155 games.
Can, 24, has long been linked to the seven-time-successive Serie A champions after seemingly deciding to wind down his deal at Anfield.
Sky Sport Italia report that this process will become formalised in the coming days.
Can signed from Bayer Leverkusen in 2014 and has made 167 appearances for the Reds, scoring 14 times. He had a late cameo in May 26’s Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.
Shakhtar Donetsk and Brazil midfielder Fred says his focus is entirely on preparing for the World Cup with the rest of the national team as rumours continue to swirl over a potential move to Manchester United.
Brazil played a friendly in Liverpool on Sunday, beating Croatia 2-0 as their summer preparations continued apace. Fred’s presence in England for the match had led to speculation that the deal could be finalised soon.
“I am entirely focused on the training sessions here,” the 25-year-old said. “I’m leaving this topic to my agents.”
His transfer will likely be confirmed this week, with subsequent reports on Monday suggesting he was pictured arriving in Manchester.
See the midfielder’s full comments in the video below.