Leonardo, who recently returned to the Milan club to take on the sporting director role, stated that he had already begun discussions with clubs over the possible sale of Bonucci.
“I’ve met with a range of clubs, including Juventus,” the Brazilian stated in his inaugural press conference after being appointed as the sporting director.
“The desire (to talk to Juve) came from him, so if the conditions are right, we’ll try to make it happen.”
Leonardo’s confirmation of Bonucci’s desire to leave the Milan club comes just two days after head coach Gennaro Gattuso had admitted the same. Bonucci had joined Milan from Juventus in a €42 million deal last year in a summer that saw the Italian giants spend more than €200m in total.
The side finished a dismal sixth in Serie A last season and saw American hedge fund Elliott Management take over control of the club from the former Chinese owners this summer after their failure to repay the €32m debt.
The hedge fund has promised an infusion of €50m in the transfer window as they seek to get the former European heavyweights back on track.
During his press conference, Leonardo also confirmed that Gattuso will continue to function in the head coach role despite former Chelsea and Juventus manager Antonio Conte being linked to the job.
“I and the club agree. Gattuso was the first person to be confirmed,” the Brazilian said.
“He is a coach who is constantly developing, he is a Milan man and it’s with him that we will begin.”
The Foxes intend to resist any offer which United may make amid growing interest from Old Trafford.
They are preparing to offer Maguire a new deal, which has been planned as a reward following his fine season at the King Power Stadium.
Maguire enjoyed an excellent debut campaign with the club last term after joining from Hull for £17 million last summer.
Maguire started every league game for the Foxes last season, scoring twice. He has made 44 appearances in total for the club and won the club’s Player of the Season award.
The 25-year-old has four years left to run on his current deal and there is no pressure on the Foxes to sell the former Sheffield United defender.
Leicester do not want to lose Maguire after they sold Riyad Mahrez for £60m to Manchester City earlier this month.
United have been linked with Maguire this summer with boss Jose Mourinho searching for two new signings.
The transfer window closes in two weeks – a day before United host Leicester in the Premier League opener on August 10.
United have already signed Brazil midfielder Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk for around £52m and Porto right-back Diogo Dalot for £19m, along with goalkeeper Lee Grant from Stoke.
“One thing is what I would like,” Mourinho told ESPN FC. “Another thing is what is going to happen. I would (like to) get two more players.”
Michy Batshuayi may have thought he’d get a second chance at Chelsea following the demise of Antonio Conte – but his next destination instead could be Spain.
According to Spanish outlet COPE, the Belgium striker – who provided the comedy moment of the World Cup by smashing the ball into his own face – is one of three targets that Valencia are looking to land.
Indeed Valencia, who can also boast Spain forward Rodrigo among their ranks, are looking to complete a swoop for both Batshuayi and Atletico Madrid striker Kevin Gameiro. They are also hopeful of sealing a deal for Barcelona misfit Andre Gomes.
Batshuayi, who turns 25 in October, scored an impressive seven goals in 10 appearances while on loan at Borussia Dortmund in the second half of last season.