Barcelona striker Paco Alcacer could be set for a two-year loan switch to the Premier League with Watford.
Alcacer, 24, signed from Valencia for €30 million in August 2016. He has since gone on to score 15 times in 50 appearances as a reserve option.
SPORT state that the Spain international knows he will struggle for minutes again next term and is prepared to listen to offers. Watford are negotiating a temporary deal until 2020, with a compulsory purchase option.
Alcacer is believed to favour a return to Los Che if they sell Spain’s World Cup 2018 call-up Rodrigo.
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez declared himself “really worried” about the club’s transfer dealings after the 4-0 friendly loss at Braga and said Magpies fans “have to be concerned.”
The Tyneside outfit, who finished 10th in the Premier League last season, have so far this summer signed Martin Dubravka, Ki Sung-yueng and Fabian Schar on permanent deals and Chelsea’s Kenedy on loan.
They have also agreed a deal with Mainz to sign Yoshinori Muto, subject to approval, with the Japan forward needing a work permit.
Transfer deadline day is next Thursday, and Newcastle then begin their 2018/19 league campaign two days later by hosting Tottenham.
Following the loss in Portugal on Wednesday night, Benitez was quoted by the Chronicle as saying he was “really worried” about transfers.
And in his post-match press conference, he was quoted as saying: “It was a bad game. We did not do things the way we have to.
“Ten days before the start of the season now and this is a wake-up call. We have to realise we can’t make these mistakes.
“Things are not going well off the pitch and you can see a reflection of that on the pitch.”
When asked what he was referring to in terms of “off the pitch”, he said: “Everything.”
🎥 Rafa Benítez delivered an honest assessment of tonight's friendly loss to @SCBragaOficial when he spoke to NUFC TV after the final whistle.— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) August 1, 2018
Watch the full interview: https://t.co/vN9kv43tuX #NUFC pic.twitter.com/2vIa6H8bq6
And when then asked if there were players close to coming in, he said: “I have no idea.” He gave the same response when asked if there was money to spend.
Benitez then said of Newcastle’s fans: “They have to be concerned. We are concerned.”
He also said he thought the club needed “three or four more players”.
He added: “We will try to change things in the next 10 days. We will try our very best.”
The Bournemouth midfielder captained the England U20s to World Cup success last year and has caught the eye of Mauricio Pochettino.
The 21-year-old established himself if The Cherries’ first team after being signed for just £7 million by Eddie Howe.
Spurs however, will need to part with £30 million to acquire the youngster’s services.