Ousmane Dembele told to find new club, while Juventus and Arsenal eye Juan Mata

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Premier League clubs will be on red alert after Barcelona reportedly told Ousmane Dembele to find a new club in January.

The 21-year-old is considered one of football’s brightest young talents and would no doubt be a welcome addition for a host of Premier League sides.

Maurizio Sarri could be interested in tempting the French World Cup winner to Stamford Bridge to complete a front three at Chelsea with Eden Hazard and international team-mate Olivier Giroud.

But London rivals Arsenal may be able to secure his signature in the new year. The winger played alongside Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at Borussia Dortmund and the pair may be keen to rekindle their relationship.

Liverpool, meanwhile, would offer Dembele Champions League football this season and arguably the strongest chance of winning the Premier League this season with the Reds top of the table.

Juan-Mata-Manchester-United

Juventus and Arsenal are keen on signing Juan Mata as uncertainty over the Spaniard’s Manchester United future continues to grow.

The 30-year-old is out-of-contract at the end of the season and could leave for nothing. Mata is free to speak to overseas clubs from the start of January, giving Juve a jump-start on any Premier League rival for his signature.

The Gunners have been linked with having an interest with Unai Emery keen to reunite with Mata following their spell together at Valencia.

Most popular

Malcom denies requesting move away from Barcelona

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Barcelona summer signing Malcom has discredited speculation in Spanish media that claimed he is looking for a move away from the club.

The skillful winger arrived at Camp Nou from Bordeaux ahead of the current season in a €41 million move after the Catalans hijacked his transfer to Serie A outfit Roma.

However, after seeing precious little playing time at Barcelona so far, reports from Spain have suggested Malcom is angling for a move in January with Arsenal, Tottenham, Inter Milan and Roma the interested parties.

The Brazilian took to Instagram on Wednesday to respond to the reports.

“About news that came out here in Spain, I want to clarify this: I came to Barcelona with many objectives, and those who know me know that I am a very determined person,” the 21-year-old wrote on his Instagram stories.

“I am very happy with the evolution in my career and I know and every day that passes my dreams and objectives are becoming a reality. My family is also adapted to the city.

“Anyway, I’m going to continue to fighting for everything I want in my career.”

Malcom has only featured twice for Barcelona this season, seeing just 25 minutes of action on the pitch.

Even during Lionel Messi’s absence through injury, head coach Ernesto Valverde has opted not to use the Brazilian on the right flank.

Along with Malcom, Ousmane Dembele was also overlooked for the two games Messi has missed against Inter in the Champions League and when facing Real Madrid in El Clasico. Rafinha Alcantara was preferred on both occasions.

Most popular

Related Tags

PSG interested in signing Man United attacker Alexis Sanchez

David Cooper 31/10/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Though the winter transfer window is still a few months away, that hasn’t stopped the rumours of various players potentially being on the move.

Across the world of football, there remains plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking.

Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen when the market reopens in January.

Get in touch with your thoughts too via Twitter and Facebook.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ

Manchester United are prepared to offload Alexis Sanchez to Paris Saint-Germain next summer, according to the Sun.

The Chilean has struggled at Old Trafford and has been dropped by boss Jose Mourinho on a number of occasions.

With his mammoth wage demands, the Red Devils are considering selling Sanchez and believe the Ligue 1 champions will be interested in securing his services at a discount price.

The 29-year-old has scored four goals in 28 appearances since joining the club in January.

MALCOM

Barcelona summer signing Malcom could seek a move away from the Camp Nou in January, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The 21-year-old only joined the club in the summer from Bordeaux – signing at the 11th hour after he looked certain to be heading to Italian giants Roma.

However, he has had a tough start to life in Catalonia, with regular game-time hard to come by, and it is believed he has asked to leave if he doesn’t feature in his boss’ plans.

Inter Milan, Arsenal and Tottenham having enquired about the Brazilian in recent weeks.

JAMAAL LASCELLES

Chelsea are preparing to launch a bid for Newcastle captain Jamaal Lascelles, reports the Sun.

The central defender was a key part of the Magpies’ successful first year back in the Premier League last season where they finished tenth.

With uncertainty surrounding the futures of Gary Cahill and Andreas Christensen, new Blues boss Maurizio Sarri may need defensive reinforcements in January.

But Rafa Benitez will be desperate to keep hold of Lascelles, who was a close contender to make Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad during the summer.

Most popular