Barcelona deny agreement over Rabiot transfer but reveal contact was made last week

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Adrien Rabiot

Barcelona have denied the existence of any agreement with Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot and insist they have not broken the rules over his potential recruitment.

La Liga’s table-toppers, along with several Premier League clubs including Liverpool and Arsenal, have been linked with the 23-year-old six-time France international, whose contract with PSG ends in June.

Reports in France and Spain claim Barca are preparing to offer Rabiot a five-year deal when the transfer window opens on January 1.

The Catalan club said in a statement on Sunday they had made contact with PSG’s management “last August and then a week ago” to express their interest in Rabiot, but had not spoken to the player.

“In response to the news that has appeared in France, Barcelona state that there has been no breach of regulations regarding the signing of PSG players,” the statement read.

“The only contact was made last August and then a week ago. In both case, the contact was made with the sporting managers of PSG in order to express Barcelona’s interest in the player Adrien Rabiot.

“Barcelona always want to work with the highest level of transparency with PSG and any other club.

“Barcelona deny the existence of any type of agreement with PSG players Adrien Rabiot.”

Rabiot graduated from the PSG academy and, having made his senior debut for the Parisians in 2012, has appeared over 200 times for the Ligue 1 club, winning the French title four times.

Most popular

Related Tags

Juventus boss Allegri rejects speculation he is ready to take charge of Man United

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has denied suggestions he wants to become the new Manchester United manager next summer, according to Mail on Sunday.

The Red Devils are looking for a new boss after sacking Jose Mourinho and appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on an interim basis until the end of the season. However, Allegri rejected speculation he is ready to take the reins at Old Trafford.

“I still have a year and a half on my contract,” said the 51-year-old, who has guided the Turin side to four successive Serie A titles. “I’m fine here and we’re doing important things.”

Juventus are currently nine points clear at the top of the league having won 17 of their 19 matches.

Most popular

Real Madrid and Barcelona among clubs interested in signing Toulouse defender Jean-Clair Todibo

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Real Madrid and Barcelona are among the clubs interested in signing Toulouse centre-back J​ean-Clair Todibo, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The 19-year-old, who came through the youth system at Les Violets, has made 10 Ligue 1 appearances this season.

Unfortunately, Todibo has refused to sign a new contract and the relationship between player and club has turned sour, with the France U-20 international now training with the reserves.

RB Leipzig, Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus are also interested in securing his services.

Most popular