Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti says midfielder Allan, who is a target for Paris Saint-Germain, will not be leaving the club this winter.
The Brazil-born midfielder was dropped for Saturday’s draw against AC Milan with his future up in the air, but Ancelotti said after the match that the club had spoken with Allan and decided that they will not be selling the 28-year-old – and hit out at PSG for their attempt to sign his player.
Allan will return for Napoli’s Coppa Italia quarter-final tie, also against Milan, on Tuesday.
“As far as I am concerned, the matter is over, Allan will remain our player and we never intended to sell if not for something extraordinary,” Ancelotti said.
“The player has been contacted, even though that shouldn’t happen, and we listened to his requests, after which nothing happened.
“He will stay with us and play on Tuesday.”
The 22-year-old, who won the World Cup with France last year, has been linked with a move away this window after poor luck with injuries saw him lose out on playing time at the La Liga club.
However, his advisor, Manuel Garcia-Quilon, told Calciomercato that the player will not be moving this month.
“He’s one of the best centre backs in the world,” Garcia-Quilon said.
“A player of his standing obviously has offers from around the world, but he’s an Atletico Madrid player, and that’s where he’ll stay for the time being.”
Hernandez can play both left-back and centre-back and is one of the highest-rated young defensive prospects in Europe, with Bayern reportedly ready to break their transfer record to secure the Frenchman’s signature.
The winter transfer window has started to heat up now there is less than a week left until it closes.
The rumour mill is in overdrive, with news of potential deals flying thick and fast.
We’re running the rule over four of the latest transfer rumours doing the rounds, providing our analysis and predictions below:
MALCOM – BARCELONA TO ARSENAL
Arsenal now hope to secure loan moves for both Denis Suarez and new target Malcom from Barcelona, according to The Sun.
Why it will happen: Barca made headlines when they stole Malcom, 21, out of Roma’s grasp in the summer, yet the Brazilian winger has made only six La Liga appearances. Arsenal, reportedly, have no budget for permanent additions and can offer Malcom regular game time, aiding his development and price tag.
Why it won’t happen: The Gunners have been keen on team-mate Suarez for months and it is hard to see Barca agreeing to let both attackers join them on temporary deals. Malcom has also been linked to the Chinese Super League, where he could collect more wages.
Verdict: A double loan move from one heavyweight to another is virtually unheard of. But with both players contributing a combined one La Liga start this term, Barca will be happy to get rid. Malcom is the more exciting prospect of the pair.
STEVEN BERGWIJN – PSV EINDHOVEN TO MANCHESTER UNITED
United have informed PSV that they want to be kept aware of any developments in regards to winger Bergwijn’s future amid competing interest from Bayern Munich, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Why it will happen: United have been consistently linked to Bergwijn. The 21-year-old has freshly broken into the Netherlands squad, plus has nine goals and nine assists in the 2018/19 Eredivisie. At a cost of around £25 million, a summer deal looks a good one.
Why it won’t happen: Munich are in the market for replacements for both Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery. They could offer serious competition to United’s deal. With a contract until 2022, the price should keep rising.
Verdict: Each week seems to bring new talk of Bergwijn, eventually, making his way to Old Trafford. Bergwijn may soon be following in the footsteps of Jaap Stam, Ruud van Nistelrooy and – less successfully – Memphis Depay.
EDEN HAZARD – CHELSEA TO REAL MADRID
Real Madrid have turned their attentions to Hazard after they dropped interest in Tottenham Hotspur’s Christian Eriksen, according to AS.
Why it will happen: Hazard has spoken openly, albeit inconsistently, about ending a seven-year stint at Stamford Bridge in the summer. With his contract set to expire in 2020, the Blues could be forced into a sale if Madrid come knocking.
Why it won’t happen: Chelsea are still rumoured to be demanding a £100m fee for Hazard, no matter the fact he could leave for a free in June 2020. This could put off Madrid. Plus, Hazard may yet be convinced to extend.
Verdict: Madrid could be playing games with Spurs and forcing them into a tough negotiating position for Eriksen, whose deal also expires in 2020. But their interest in Hazard is long standing. Expect more movement in the months ahead.
MAXI GOMEZ – CELTA VIGO TO WEST HAM UNITED
The Hammers have informed La Liga strugglers Celta that they intend to pay Uruguay striker Gomez’s £43.5m release clause and allow him to remain there on loan until the summer, according to the Guardian.
Why it will happen: West Ham have identified Gomez as the man to rejuvenate their attack. The presence of a release clause mean that Celta can do little to resist their overtures. Wantaway Marko Arnautovic will be granted his China move in the summer, freeing up space.
Why it won’t happen: Gomez has scored an impressive nine times in 18 La Liga games this term, meaning he’s gained plenty of attention from across the globe. Interest in Arnautovic could need to remain strong to open up space.
Verdict: At 22-years old, Gomez is one of the hottest striking talents on the planet. West Ham would be pulling off a coup by landing him and selling the older Arnautovic. Letting Celta keep hold of Gomez, for now, will sweeten the deal.