'Jadon will play at Dortmund next season': Manchester United warned over Jadon Sancho

Aditya Devavrat 18:48 13/03/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Jadon Sancho is in the England squad.

Borussia Dortmund have issued a warning to Manchester United and other potential suitors for teenage sensation Jadon Sancho.

The 18-year-old’s performances for the Black and Yellow have caught the eye of several of Europe’s leading clubs, including those back in his native England, which he left in 2017 having graduated from the Manchester City academy.

United have been linked with an £80 million move for the Englishman as they bid to solve a long-standing lack of depth at right wing, but Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc says the club are not planning on selling their young star.

“I’m far from putting a price tag on Jadon, but I will say that, even for the biggest club in the world, his transfer would be difficult right now,” Zorc told Sport Bild.

“Jadon will play at Dortmund next season and we are definitely planning with him.”

Sancho has scored eight goals and bagged 10 assists in 25 Bundesliga appearances this season, with his form one of the driving forces behind Dortmund’s challenge for a first league title since 2012. He’s also scored once and assisted one more in the Champions League, where the side were knocked out at the round of 16 by Tottenham.

The teenager also made his England debut earlier this season, earning his first cap in the national team’s 0-0 draw with Croatia on October 12, before making his full debut a month later with a start in a friendly against the United States.

Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended

Most popular