Lyon president says Liverpool target Fekir is allowed to leave the club

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas revealed star man Nabil Fekir can leave the Ligue 1 club this summer.

Fekir, who was set to join Liverpool last summer before negotiations broke down, has been linked with a move away from Lyon for over a year now.

With a switch looking highly likely at the end of last campaign, Jurgen Klopp’s side pulled the plug on a potential deal after concerns were raised about the player’s history with knee injuries.

But the Reds are reportedly set to reignite their interest in the France midfielder again after next Saturday’s Champions League final against Ajax.

Fekir, who is under contract at Groupama Stadium until 2020, has scored 12 goals and provided nine assists in all competitions this season.

He has made 192 appearances since joining the club from Saint-Priest in 2013, scoring 69 goals and was named club captain earlier this campaign.

“Effectively, Nabil is outside [of the two departures expected], because we have an understanding that he can go,” Aulas said.

“Thanks Nabil for bringing what he brought, we have an understanding to let him go.”

Recommended

Most popular

Related Tags

Real Madrid in talks to sign Lyon defender Ferland Mendy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Real Madrid are closing in on a deal to sign Lyon defender Ferland Mendy this summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.

Los Blancos endured a disappointing 2018-19 campaign, finishing third in La Liga – 19 points behind winners Barcelona and eight points behind Atletico Madrid in second.

Left-back was among the positions in need of vast improvement, and Mendy has emerged as the man who could help fix Real Madrid’s defensive issues ahead of next season.

The 23-year-old has made 77 appearances for Lyon since his 2017 switch from Le Harve and was recently called up to Didier Deschamps’ France squad.

Mendy will be 24 in June and, with Marcelo turning 31 earlier this month, is the ideal candidate to fill the Brazilian’s boots for years to come at the Bernabeu.

And according to the Spanish publication, there is agreement between Madrid and the player, who is expected to cost around €50m.

If Real Madrid are unable to sign Mendy, there are other alternatives in Junior Firpo.

The Real Betis star produced a solid campaign – scoring and assisting in the 4-3 win over Barcelona back in November – and would be a cheaper option than Mendy.

Most popular

Joachim Low claims Leroy Sane's potential move to Bayern Munich would be great for German national team

Sport360 staff 24/05/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Leroy Sane

Germany coach Joachim Low claimed that Leroy Sane’s potential move from Manchester City to Bayern Munich would be great for the national team.

The winger has been linked to a move to the German club, with Kicker reporting that Bayern have already made contract with Sane’s father and agent Souleyman Sane.

Low is of the opinion that this move could be great for the player and the national team.

“In my opinion, Leroy feels very comfortable at Manchester City. I don’t know what he is planning,” said Low, but added that he would welcome it if Sane returned to the Bundesliga.

“If the transfer did happen, it would be good for him and good for us.”

Earlier this week, Bayern president Uli Hoeness admitted to Munich-based newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung that the club are interested in the player.

“We are looking into the player (Sane),” he told the newspaper.

Most popular