Tottenham set to make improved bid for Real Betis star Giovani Lo Celso

Press Association Sport 12:00 14/06/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Giovani Lo Celso

Tottenham could be willing to break their transfer record not once but twice this summer in their bid to land Real Betis’ Giovani Lo Celso and Lyon’s Tanguy Ndombele, the Mirror reports.

After having their £53million bid for Lo Celso rejected, Spurs are said to be considering a bumper offer and are in negotiations for £71million-rated Ndombele, the paper says.

Although boss Mauricio Pochettino looks unlikely to offer the full asking price for either player, he could go above the £42million club record.

Manchester City have gone cold in their pursuit of Harry Maguire after Leicester City slapped a £90million price tag on him, the Daily Mail reports.

Pep Guardiola is said to see the England defender as a successor for Vincent Kompany.

However the price – which would be a world record for a defender – is said to have put the Premier League champions off. Manchester United are also said to be interested in the 26-year-old, but also find the fee too much according to reports.

Provided by Press Association Sport 

Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended

Most popular

Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus

Press Association Sport 09:29 14/06/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Chelsea have agreed a compensation deal worth in excess of £5million for manager Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus, Press Association Sport understands.

The 60-year-old will reportedly sign a three-year contract to replace Massimiliano Allegri at the Italian giants, with an announcement expected as early as Friday.

Sarri only joined Chelsea last summer after three years at Napoli, replacing fellow Italian Antonio Conte.

He guided the Blues to third in the Premier League and won the Europa League, but still endured a tough campaign at Stamford Bridge with fans not convinced by his style of play.

Chelsea also reached the Carabao Cup final, but lost to Manchester City in a match overshadowed by goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga refusing to be substituted before the penalty shoot-out.

It appears Sarri has now opted to return to Italy and take over at Juve, the Serie A champions for the last eight seasons, who parted company with Allegri this summer.

Allegri, 51, had been linked with the Chelsea job but announced on Thursday that he would be taking a year off to “recharge his batteries”.

Former Blues midfielder Frank Lampard, who led Derby to the Sky Bet Championship play-off final in his first season as a manager, is favourite to land the role.

Should he get the job, the 40-year-old would become Chelsea’s first permanent English manager in 23 years.

Provided by Press Association Sport 

Most popular

Liverpool not planning fresh move for Lyon star Nabil Fekir

Press Association Sport 16:14 13/06/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Liverpool have no plans to resurrect a deal for Lyon playmaker Nabil Fekir despite claims to the contrary in his native France.

A year ago the Reds were on the verge of completing a £53million transfer – to the extent that the player had been interviewed for club media and been photographed in a shirt – when they pulled out over concerns about a historic knee injury.

Liverpool sought a second opinion after the initial medical and decided not to risk proceeding with such a high-value transfer.

Reports in France claim they are still interested in the 25-year-old, who is entering the final 12 months of his contract, and there was even a suggestion a five-year contract had been offered.

But Press Association Sport understands the club’s stance has not changed since the player failed his medical and the deal was declared dead.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has admitted there is “an understanding” to allow Fekir to leave.

However, with the club still wanting around £45million for a player with just 12 months left on his contract it would benefit the Ligue 1 club if they can generate an auction for his services.

Meanwhile, Liverpool are considering scrapping their Anfield friendly with Schalke as it is just three days before their Friday-night Premier League season-opener at home to Norwich.

Jurgen Klopp’s side have pre-season games at Tranmere and Bradford ahead of a trip to America for matches against Borussia Dortmund, Sevilla and Sporting, before returning to face Napoli at Murrayfield and Fekir’s side Lyon in Geneva on July 31.

Schalke, managed by former Huddersfield boss David Wagner, were due to be the visitors for the only summer friendly at Anfield on June 6 but that has now been thrown into doubt.

A message on the ticket section of Liverpool’s website for the game in question stated “Ticket sales for this fixture have been postponed.”

Provided by Press Association Sport 

Most popular