Man United eye move for Sporting midfielder Bruno Fernandes

Press Association Sport 10:49 02/07/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Manchester United’s summer rebuild is well under way and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not finished yet.

The Express, citing a report in Italy, says the Red Devils are now targeting Sporting midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

According to a La Gazzetta dello Sport journalist, United have offered £31 million for the 24-year-old, but it is thought the player’s fee could hold up the deal.

Chelsea are close to naming former player Frank Lampard as their new manager, according to the Mail.

It says the current Derby boss will return to Stamford Bridge on a three-year, £4 million-a-year deal, which could be confirmed within the next couple of days, and reportedly includes a bonus for Champions League qualification.

And with Lampard’s deal looking all the more likely to be rubber-stamped sooner rather than later, the Rams are also said to be on the hunt for a new boss.

According to the Telegraph, Derby will hold talks with former Holland midfielder Phillip Cocu as a possible successor.

Meanwhile, The Star is also reporting on United’s possible third signing of the summer, saying Solskjaer is hoping to set up a quickfire deal for Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff.

The papers says the club is preparing to make a £15 million bid, with the United boss hoping the 21-year-old can be in place before the squad’s pre-season tour of Australia and the Far East in less than a week’s time.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended

Most popular

Demands made as Wilfried Zaha chases Arsenal switch from Crystal Palace

Press Association Sport 10:16 02/07/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Wilfried Zaha’s brother has urged Crystal Palace to let him leave after Arsenal reportedly made a £40 million bid for the Eagles forward.

Ivory Coast striker Zaha is said to be keen to quit Selhurst Park this summer with the Gunners strong admirers.

Palace have already sold Aaron Wan-Bissaka to Manchester United in a deal rising to £50m and it is unlikely they will want to lose Zaha.

Judicael Zaha told Sky Sports: “Given all that Wilfried has given to Crystal Palace to help them remain a Premier League club, I hope Palace will be able to see their way to agreeing a deal with Arsenal that allows Wilfried to realise his dream of playing European football for the club he’s supported since childhood.

“Wilfried will always hold Crystal Palace and their fans in the highest regard and all the support they have given means the world to him.

“It’s my brother’s dream though, to play for Arsenal.”

Zaha scored in the Ivory Coast’s 4-1 Africa Cup of Nations win over Namibia on Monday to help them reach the last 16.

He netted 10 goals for Palace last season and has made 285 appearances for them in two spells.

He joined Manchester United in 2013 but played just four times, also spending a spell on loan at Cardiff, before returning to the Eagles less than two years later.

Copy provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular

Adrien Rabiot undergoing medical ahead of Juventus transfer

Press Association Sport 12:02 01/07/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Paris St Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot is having a medical at Juventus.

The France international, who had been linked with Manchester United, Liverpool and Barcelona among others this summer, is set to complete a free transfer to the Serie A champions.

Juventus posted a series of pictures of the 24-year-old arriving at a medical facility in Turin on Monday morning and said in a brief statement that “medical examinations have begun for Adrien Rabiot”.

Rabiot will join a new-look Juve as they target a ninth successive Scudetto.

Former Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has taken charge of the team, while Wales international Aaron Ramsey has also signed on a free transfer.

Juve also bought 20-year-old left-back Luca Pellegrini from Roma in a £19.5million deal, while Leonardo Spinazzola moved in the opposite direction for £26.1m.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular