Man United eye move for Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson

Press Association Sport 11:44 18/09/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson is being watched by Manchester United as part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s strategy to recruit young British players, according to The Sun.

The United manager is also interested in England internationals including Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, 19, and Leicester’s 22-year-old attacking midfielder James Maddison.

Wilson, 27, has plenty of strike power of his own, having scored 17 goals since the start of 2018-2019.

The Manchester Evening News reports Nemanja Matic continues to be linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

The Serbia midfielder is being targeted by Italian giants AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus.

The Serie A sides are, however, only interested in signing the 31-year-old on a free transfer.

Cristiano Ronaldo has said he was just “one step away” from signing for Arsenal before making Manchester United his home in 2003.

The Portugal striker told ITV’s Piers Morgan that he came “very close, one step away”, in comments carried by the Daily Mail.

The 34-year-old told Arsenal fan Morgan that he was particularly appreciative of the efforts of former Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.

Norwich have received a boost with sporting director Stuart Webber to sign a new contract this week, The Daily Telegraph says.

The 35-year-old has previously worked with Liverpool, Wolves and Huddersfield, and was significantly involved in Norwich’s recruitment of manager Daniel Farke in May 2017.

Liverpool are among the clubs hunting the signature of Napoli’s Fabian Ruiz, the Daily Mail reports.

Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp got a good look at the midfielder during his side’s 2-0 defeat in Naples on Tuesday night, where Ruiz came close to scoring twice but was denied on both occasions by goalkeeper Adrian.

The Spain international, 23, is also being targeted by Real Madrid and Barcelona so Klopp may not get his man.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended

Most popular

Willian wants to sign new deal at Chelsea

Press Association Sport 12:32 17/09/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Willian has told Chelsea that he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge where he has enjoyed a “perfect” career, the Daily Express reports.

The Brazilian is in the final year of his contract and had been linked to numerous European clubs as he has not been offered a new deal by the Blues.

But the forward, 31, has been told by manager Frank Lampard that he is an important part of Chelsea’s future.

The winger said: “From my side, I want to stay. I have one year left and I want to stay because I like to play for Chelsea.”

AC Milan are being targeted for a £890million takeover by the world’s second-richest man, Bernald Arnault.

The magnate who made his fortune with fashion’s Louis Vuitton, worth an estimated £86 billion, has “bold plans” to puchase the Italian club, the Daily Mail reports while citing Il Messaggero.

The club’s owners, Elliot Management, have given an official denial that any offer has been made to buy it.

Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic could be leaving for Serie A.

The Serbian had not appeared for the Red Devils this season until Saturday’s win over Leicester, and the return of French ace Paul Pogba means the 31-year-old is likely to return to the bench.

The Sun says Juventus are very keen on securing Matic.

Mark Dempsey is close to returning as one of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s asistant coaches at Manchester United, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The 55-year-old, who is popular with Red Devils’ players, was taken to hospital in Perth during the side’s pre-season tour of Australia.

The former United midfielder was seen at training on Friday and is expected to do opposition scouting in coming weeks before he returns to full duties.

Provided by Press Association Sport

Most popular

Related Tags

Man United star Paul Pogba had agreed mammoth deal with PSG, Neymar blocked move

Press Association Sport 09:50 12/09/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Tottenham could swap Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen for Juventus’s Argentina forward Paulo Dybala during the January transfer window, according to the Daily Express.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba agreed a £429,000-a-week deal with Paris St Germain before deadline day but the transfer broke down because Neymar did not complete his move back to Barcelona, reports The Sun.

Chelsea loanee Victor Moses is unlikely to sign a permanent deal at Fenerbahce, despite the Turkish club having the option to buy the Nigeria wing-back, according to the Daily Star.

Raheem Sterling is poised to join the top tier of commercial earners among footballers with a Pepsi endorsement that sees him starring in an advert with Lionel Messi and Pogba, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Celtic could be without striker Odsonne Edouard for their European qualifiers next season as he hopes to play for France in the Olympics, according to The Herald.

Players to watch

Bruno Fernandes: The Tottenham target could be available, with Sporting Lisbon willing to sell the midfielder for £62million, reports A Bola, via Sport Witness.

N’Golo Kante: Real Madrid and Chelsea have a transfer pact regarding Kante, according to the Express.

Most popular