The sessions – held at Burj Park (Downtown Dubai), Dubai Marina, Sunset Beach and Zabeel Park on Friday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays respectively – will help runners of all levels unlock their full potential and share their experiences.
Led by Nike Head Coaches, NRC is a haven for the city’s runners to come together for a live experience and gain valuable guidance. The official kick-off session on October 7 will help first-time runners as well as routine runners to get into their stride and gradually run more miles.
With We Run DXB set to take place early next year, the new season of NRC will give aspiring participants the time and resources to train and prepare for the most anticipated race of the year.
The training will focus on four specific courses:
– “Ready, Set, Go” sessions at Burj Park on Friday mornings (8:04 a.m.) – fundamentals for novices, including running the first mile.
– “Long Runs” at Dubai Marina on Sunday evening (8:04 p.m.) – 7-9k runs for routine runners to push themselves and smash goals.
– “Home Runs” ( Ladies Only) at Sunset Beach on Monday evening (8:04 pm)- Run with a crowd and get to make new friends.
– “Speed Runs” at Zabeel Park on Tuesday evenings (8:04 p.m.) – Swift runs to help runners unlock their full pace potential
To register for any of the sessions, log onto: gonike.me/NRCdubai. You can also download the Nike Running App.
While women tend to dominate mat exercises, Pilates does have plenty of benefits for men who rise to the challenge.
Best known as a ‘for-women only’ exercise, word is definitely spreading that Pilates is not just for women.
Commenting on the relevance of men performing Pilates, Reza Alavi, Founder and Managing Director revealed that historically, men might have thought Pilates is going to be too easy for them.
But that’s not the case.
“Men have now understood that Pilates can challenge them differently as compared to a typical gym-based workout, as it targets stabilising muscles,” says Reza.
“As more and more prominent men, especially sports figures, discuss how much Pilates has benefited their sport the perception is changing.”
IT’S A NUMBERS GAME
According to Reza, at the start, about 7 years ago, the ratio was probably 95-5, 95% women for only 5% men attended the classes. But today this has changed dramatically, and the female-male ratio is closer to 35-65.
He adds: “Of course this varies according to regional/neighbourhood demographics but a significant increase in the number of men practicing Pilates regularly is undeniable.”
AND HERE’S THE TOP 5 REASONS WHY PILATES IS BENEFICIAL FOR MEN:
1. Core Strength: Every Pilates exercise focuses on using your core to improve power movement in your limbs. Pilates also hits your transverse abdominals, the base muscles under your six-pack!
2. Flexibility: Generally, the more muscle mass you have, the lesser your flexibility. However, Pilates focuses on stretching, helps prevent injuries and muscle strains, and increases range of movement.
3. Balance: Pilates elongates and strengthens, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
4. Develop often-neglected muscle groups: Pilates focuses on muscles that don’t typically get a lot of attention and helps build muscles that don’t get hit while heavy lifting.
5. Live More Consciously: Pilates forces you to pay attention—you’ve got to focus on your breath while working through each movement and concentrating on proper form.
Pilates promotes core strength, flexibility, balance and correct movement patterning - all things that are equally as important for men as they are for women. 💪 💪 💪 💪 💪 #RealPilates #PilatesDubai #core #man #flexibility #dubaiblogger #strength #movement #pilatesformen #realmen #men #pilates #Reformer #stottpilates #mensfashion #realresults #jumeirah #jlt #dubaimarina #igersdubai #igfit
Real Pilates is located in ONE JLT, Al Sarayat Street and in Palm Strip Mall, Jumeirah. Classes start from AED85 and packages are available.
Follow Real Pilates on Social Media: