The event is held in collaboration with the Automobile and Touring Club of the UAE (ATCUAE), and key speakers from the organisation will announce the new motorsports calendar for 2018-2019.
EME is a ground-breaking event for the UAE and represents the only motorsport expo for the region. The expo space is now fully booked, with over 60 exhibitors from the local motorsport industry attending.
This is the perfect opportunity for people to meet teams, competitors, championship managers and key stakeholders from the world of motorsport.
Dubai Autodrome General Manager, Faisal Al Sahlawi said, “From karting to circuit racing to off-road, we will have all levels and disciplines of regional motorsport represented at one show. For anyone interested in getting involved in racing, the Emirates Motorsport Expo will be the perfect place to start.”
Gates open at 14:00 and entry is free to the public. Stands, displays and food trucks will fill the race paddock and hospitality areas at Dubai Autodrome, and the expo will continue throughout the afternoon and evening until 22:00.
Key speakers from the ATCUAE, Dubai Autodrome and various motorsport championships will headline the EME with a Season Launch Press Conference, held in hospitality suites 4 and 5, from 15:00 until 16:00.
The 2018-2019 motorsport calendar will be unveiled, as well as important announcements on new race series.
In addition to the motorsport representatives on hand there will also be activities for the public to enjoy, including track experiences on the main circuit, Easy Drift passenger rides, and a Super Cars Majlis Parade Lap of up to 100 super cars.
Also debuting this season will be the new Power Hour Challenge, which will allow spectators to get to up-close to a unique selection of race cars in action on track. A variety of rally legends, historic F1cars, drift cars, classics, drag cars and super cars will each get a lap of glory.
For more EME information, please visit: www.emiratesmotorsportexpo.com
Italian rider Romano Fenati has been sacked by his team after pulling a rival’s brake lever while racing at 140mph on Sunday.
Fenati was black flagged after reaching across to Stefano Manzi’s bike and pulling the brake lever in the Moto2 race at San Marino. Manzi managed to stay upright on his bike.
Fenati was given a suspension of two Grands Prix, but now his penalty appears to be greater, with his team tearing up his contract and his future employer doing likewise.
Marinelli Snipers Team said in a statement on Monday: “The Marinelli Snipers Team shall terminate the contract with the rider Romano Fenati, from now on, for his unsporting, dangerous and damaging conduct for the image of all.
“With extreme regret, we have to note that his irresponsible act endangered the life of another rider and can’t be apologised (for) in no way.”
And Giovanni Castiglioni, boss of the MV Agusta team which was due to sign Fenati for 2019, said the 22-year-old should be banned from racing and his scheduled deal “won’t happen”.
The Italian entrepreneur wrote on Instagram: “This has been the worse and saddest thing I ever seen in a bike race.
“True sportsmen would never act this way. If I would be Dorna (MotoGP’s parent company) I would ban him from world racing.
“Regarding his contract for a future position as rider of MV Agusta Moto 2, I will oppose myself in every way to stop it.
“It won’t happen, he doesn’t represent our company true value.”
Dubai-born Ed Jones rolled the dice in last weekend’s Bommarito Automotive Group 500 at Gateway Motorsports Park – digging deep to tally a seventh top-ten finish of the 2018 campaign.
The race was round 15 of 17 on the fiercely-disputed Verizon IndyCar Series calendar and whilst his late podium bid didn’t quite come off under the Illinois floodlights, he nevertheless impressed.
Unlike many of their rivals, Chip Ganassi Racing did not undergo testing at the 1.25-mile St. Louis oval earlier this year, meaning IndyCar sophomore Jones headed into the weekend somewhat on the back foot.
However, the British driver was immediately on the pace behind the wheel of his 720bhp Dallara-Honda single-seater, lapping fifth-quickest among the 21 contenders in FP1 – a session repeatedly interrupted by rain that left puddles of standing water at the entry to the pit-lane.
With the elements playing havoc with the track schedule, qualifying was cancelled in favour of a longer final practice to allow drivers and teams more time to dial their cars in for the following evening’s 248-lap race. Jones improved to fourth in that session.
The field lined up in championship order, meaning Jones took the start from 12th position but he gained three spots straight away and soon settled into seventh, chasing former champions Simon Pagenaud and Ryan Hunter-Reay.
Breaking away from the pursuing pack and pegging leader Dixon for pace – at one stage posting the fastest lap of anybody at an average speed of 177.362mph – the European F3 Open Champion went on a charge.
Pulling off a series of spectacular overtakes, he scythed his way past Pagenaud, defending title-holder and Gateway race-winner Josef Newgarden and 2016 Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi, before latching onto his team-mate’s tail.
A late splash ‘n’ dash fuel top-up with 22 laps to go dropped Jones to 10th, from where he battled back to eighth at the chequered flag.
The 23-year-old 2016 Indy Lights Champion and 2017 IndyCar ‘Rookie of the Year’ will return to the fray this coming weekend (August 30-September 2) for the Grand Prix of Portland at Portland International Raceway, the penultimate round on IndyCar’s 2018 schedule.