Sport360 picks out the main talking points from the sporting world with James Taylor, Nick Blackwell, Danny Willett, Kevin Durant and Manuel Pellegrini all featuring this week.
Send us your favourite sporting quotes each week by using #360fans across social media.
Safe to say this has been the toughest week of my life! My world is upside down. But I’m here to stay and I’m battling on! #lifestooshort
– England cricketer James Taylor on his forced retirement due to a heart condition.
I hate guns. I’ve heard people argue that everybody needs a gun. That’s madness. I know there are many kids who grow up in a hunting environment. I get that. But there are places, like England, where even the cops don’t have guns.
– New Orleans Saints’ coach Sean Payton on guns in America after former Saints player Will Smith’s fatal shooting.
Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has been there for me. It’s been the toughest fight of my life and you made it that bit easier.
– Nick Blackwell on his recovery after being put in an induced coma following a bleed on his brain suffered in defeat to Chris Eubank Jr.
Fergie had a brilliant piece of advice for me. He said, ‘When I was at Manchester United, we never looked back on what we had achieved. We always looked forward. As soon as we win a trophy, it is forgotten about. The next morning we wake up and try to work hard to win the next trophy’.
– Masters champion Danny Willett on the advice given to him by Sir Alex Ferguson.
Of course (we can win it). There are some good teams in Europe, but the target of this club is to win the Champions League.
– Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini on the Champions League.
I was trying to destroy him every chance I got. Every time I got the ball, he was ‘Come on. Let’s see what you got’.
– Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant.