Al Seer registered their fifth straight win after posting a convincing 58-44 victory over Zuma in the Inter-company Division of Jazzville Basketball League at Jumeira Baccalaureate School.
Al Seer banked on a strong start and finished behind a balanced effort which saw all their eight players in the scorers’ column. Ron Bustamante registered team-high 20 points while player-coach Oliver Gavero added 14 markers.
They dealt Zuma a second loss in five games and also spoiled the impressive outside shooting of Eugene Bacayo who converted seven triples to lead the losing side with 23 points.
Al Seer took a six-point lead, 20-14, at the end of the first period and they had a huge second quarter burst which gave them a 14-point cushion, 34-20, halfway through the game. They went on cruise control from there and remained on top, 44-35, going into the final quarter.
Al Seer were never threatened throughout the match. A strong drive to the basket by Gavero followed by two free throws by Bustamante gave them a commanding 16-point advantage, 57-41, and sealed their win with two minutes left in the game.
“We always play with a sense of urgency and we just stick to our game plan,” Al Seer player-coach Gavero said. “Team work is always the key to our series of victories plus we have a strong motivation to sweep the elimination stage to get a twice-to-beat advantage in the play-off round.”
In other games, Jubaili Bros crushed Union Motors 51-29; Emaar geat Kendah 57-47 and Hilti edged Sumo 50-49.
Vans gathered the greatest skateboarders and BMX riders from across the UAE to show off their superb skills at Vans Party in the Park on Friday.
– #360FIT: Break Through Your Weight Loss Plateau
The headline sponsor built a special Vans Drop Zone area for guests to flip, trick or simply fall from a great height onto a BagJump air cushion.
The event, which was headlined by the acclaimed Welsh rockers, The Stereophonics, was held in Dubai Media City’s Amphitheatre and Vans ensured festival-goers had even more reasons to enjoy the day.
President of sports at GMG, Miquel Pancorbo said: “We are immensely proud of being the headline sponsor of Vans Party in the Park. The brand proved to be a perfect fit for such a great occasion and the thousands of guests that descended on Dubai Media City’s Amphitheatre”.
Beef is a great source of protein, and a great addition to any athletes diet. However, cooking it the same way all the time can make eating it boring. Your mouth will appreciate a little variety every now and then. These awesome high protein/low fat beef recipes below will give you the nutrition you need without skimping on flavour.
– #360fit: Break Through Your Weight Loss Plateau
1. Beef Tenderloin with Mustard and Herbs
Are you always in a rush and have no time to properly cook your meat? Keep this recipe close to hand for a mouth watering beefy taste sensation!
Beef tenderloin (sufficient for people eating)
1 tsp salt
1tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 ½ tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Prepare grill.
2. Lightly coat beef with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Reduce heat to medium. Grill 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° or until desired degree of ‘’doneness’’, turning to brown on all sides. Let beef stand for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle parsley, thyme, and rosemary in an even layer on an 18 x 15–inch sheet of plastic wrap. Brush mustard evenly over beef. Place beef in herb mixture on plastic wrap; roll beef over herbs, pressing gently. Slice beef.
2. Moroccan Beef Kebab Skewers
Once your taste buds get a taste of this Moroccan beef kebab recipe, you’ll be dreaming of it nightly. This beauty of a recipe takes only 25 minutes – 10 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for cooking.
Stewing beef (sufficient for people eating)
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1⁄3 cup olive oil
1⁄2 small onion
1 tbsp tomato paste (puree)
1 tbsp vinegar
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp cumin
1⁄2 tsp paprika
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
1⁄4 tsp onion powder
3. Healthy Beef Stew
If truth be told, it's not easy to keep your plate healthy and delicious at the same time. Healthy and delicious are two words that don't get along most of the time. On the few occasions that they do, this is one of those:
*In a single serving of this beef stew, you get only 3g of saturated fat*
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1-1/2 pounds stewing beef
1 tsp canola oil
2 1/4 cups water
3 tbsp tomato paste (puree)
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
2 bay leaves
3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
3 cups quartered & peeled small onions
2 cups sliced carrots
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
4. Beef, Cheese, and Noodle Bake
If you like a good filling meal, then you can't go wrong with this one. In one serving, you will get only 4.2g of saturated fat. At the same time, you will pump 22.3g of protein into your body as well as some calcium.
1 package small macaroni
Cooking spray (oil)
1 cup pre-chopped onion
1 cup pre-shredded carrot
2 tsp minced garlic
1 pound lean ground sirloin beef
1 cup tomato sauce (pasata)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup low fat cheese
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fat-free milk
2 tsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Lightly coat pasta with cooking spray.
3. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion and carrot, and sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add ground beef; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
4. Add pasta to beef mixture in pan, stirring to combine. Spoon pasta mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
5. Place milk, flour, nutmeg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly with a whisk.
6. Add 1 cup cheese, stirring until smooth. Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture; stir. Top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
7. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
5. Miso Steak
This is one of the easiest high protein low-fat beef recipes you can have. A single serving will give you 35g of protein and 9g of fat.
2 tbsp brown miso paste
Dash of sesame oil
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 crushed garlic cloves
300g lean steak
1 handful of spinach leaves
1 handful of chopped cucumber
1 celery stick, chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 radish finely sliced