Hundreds of Dubai runners will be joining more than 100,000 people worldwide by taking part in the Wings for Life World Run on Sunday – an incredible global movement with 100 per cent of funds going directly to the non-profit Wings for Life foundation to fund life-changing spinal cord research.
With the race starting at 3pm in Dubai – conditions will obviously be very hot and humid as runners make their way around the 5km Dubai Autodrome track and then out onto Al Qudra Road.
The reason the run begins in peak UAE sunlight is that the event, which takes place in 58 countries, kicks off simultaneously worldwide and is aligned to the UTC timezone.
Fascinatingly, for those that don’t know, this race boasts a unique concept. Simply – runners don’t run to the finish line – the finish line comes to the runner.
All over the world, 30 minutes after competitors cross the start line, a Catcher Car sets off on the same course, pursuing the runners and gradually gathers speed.
For runners, as soon as the Catcher Car passes you, you have to bow out of the race.
The car doesn’t stop until it tracks down the last man or woman running.
EVENT DAY INFORMATION – You can collect your race pack from the activation zone in Dubai Autodrome on the day of the race.
WHERE: Dubai Autodrome
WHEN: Sunday, 7th of May
START TIME: 3:00pm
– Be onsite at the Dubai Autodrone by 2pm to collect your starting bib from the activation zone.
– Parking is available on site.
– Hydration stations will be available throughout the course.
– Warm-up & cool-down sessions will be held at the activation zone.
TRACK YOUR RUN
– Download the MORECAST App [available on the App Store and Google Play] for a hyper-local forecast of your weather conditions.
Know more about Sport360 Application