Wales are set to call a back into their World Cup squad as a replacement for hamstring injury victim Josh Navidi.
Cardiff Blues wing Owen Lane and Ospreys centre Scott Williams appear to head the list of candidates.
Back-row forward Navidi will miss the remainder of the tournament due to an injury that forced him off during a 20-19 quarter-final victory over France on Sunday.
In terms of a replacement for Navidi, Wales head coach Warren Gatland said: “No, it won’t be a back-rower. Probably someone in the back-line.
“We haven’t made that decision yet. We’ve just got to wait until we get that approval from World Rugby and then look to bring someone in.
“We’ve got six back-rowers, and we’ve got five fit at the moment. We have been a little bit short in numbers in the backs, so it probably will be a back who comes out as a replacement.
“It’s a grade two hamstring, so it’s at least a couple of weeks.
“It’s disappointing for him (Navidi). Hopefully, we will keep him out here. Obviously, he loses his accreditation, but since he’s gone so far in the tournament it will be nice for him to stay out for the next couple of weeks.
“He has been very influential and important for us in the last year. It’s disappointing to have a player ruled out, but in saying that, these games are so physical and to have only one player ruled out at this stage is a real positive for us.
“We’ve got a meeting tonight to decide who that potential replacement will be. There are a number of options.”
Gatland, meanwhile, said that centre Jonathan Davies – who missed the France game due to a knee injury – will “hopefully be up and running” for training on Tuesday.
Wales have arrived in Tokyo with the dust still settling on a last-eight encounter that France led until the 74th minute, before Ross Moriarty’s try and a Dan Biggar conversion edged them home and booked a semi-final against South Africa.
Provided by Press Association Sport
Know more about Sport360 Application