Big-server Ivo Karlovic downed fellow Croatian Marin Cilic in a super shoot-out to give the Philippine Mavericks a 24-23 IPTL victory over the Obi UAE Royals in Singapore.
Veteran American James Blake got the Mavericks off to a brilliant start with a fine win over Goran Ivanisevic and then Jarmila Gajdosova built on the fast start with a convincing 6-3 second set showing against Kristina Mladenovic.
– NADAL: Spaniard ready for Abu Dhabi showdown
– INTERVIEW: How Bencic is breaking the mould
– #360view: Dubai is not the best host for the IPTL
– INTERVIEW: Andy Murray on fatherhood and 2016
– Reem’s Diary: Hitting with the stars of the IPTL
Daniel Nester and Mladenovic teamed-up to win the third set mixed doubles clash for the Royals but the Mavericks hit back through Treat Huey and Edouard Roger-Vasselin in the men’s doubles.
Marin Cilic then levelled the match in the men’s singles before Karlovic won the super shoot-out, powering the Mavericks to the win by reaching ten points first at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Know more about Sport360 Application