Do you have exceptional command of all social media platforms? Do you possess an insatiable passion for sport? Do you know your Kohlis from your Kohlschreibers? Then come and work for the Middle East’s most innovative and exciting sports media company.
Sport360 is recruiting a talented and dedicated Social Media Editor to work on Sport360’s social media channels and bring their own personality and skill to the most respected source of sports news and features in the MENA region.
Key job responsibilities
- Responsible for promoting Sport360’s content on all social media channels.
- Responsible for producing multimedia content for all of Sport360’s social media channels.
- Help create an engaged online community through Sport360’s social media channels and keeping the conversation going with our online audience.
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media and live-blogging platforms.
- Help promote and support the use of social media across the newsroom, working closely with journalists to help develop and implement ideas to accelerate sharing and engagement.
- Help develop strategy and guidelines for Sport360’s social media platforms.
- Continuously monitor/research social media trends and emerging platforms/tools.
- Drive engagement of our brand with our social community and use analytics to report on progress and optimise our strategy.
Specific requirements / skills
- Previous experience in a social media role in the sports industry, or a sports journalism role.
- Strong understanding of content production.
- Someone able to convey a unique and witty tone through our social media channels that resonates with the online community.
- Deep knowledge and passion for sport, especially football, cricket, tennis, golf and more.
- Strong knowhow of social media best practices and industry-leading accounts – and a deep understanding of internet trends and how and why people share the stories they do.
- Someone who demonstrates enthusiasm, self-motivation and initiative.
- Someone able to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines whilst maintaining flawless accuracy.
- Someone willing to work late shifts and weekends.
- Perfect command of English. Arabic or other languages are a major plus.
- Basic video-editing or photo-editing skills are a plus.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 10 September 2017.
Please e-mail your CV and a covering letter of no more than 400 words as to why you think you’re suitable to email@example.com