Are you fed up of suffering from pain or injury?
PURE Pilates is here to help.
Targeting predominantly deep core muscles and similar to physical therapy, Pilates can help find a solution to long-term back pain.
Regular Pilates will eventually lead to a higher level of health and fitness and here are Susanna’s top six reasons why Pilates can solve back pain issues.
1) By using Pilates as a form of corrective exercise, the body can strengthen and repair itself through movement. People who suffer from pain often get relief as discomfort generally stems from imbalances and stress.
2) Pilates creates core strength.
3) What makes Pilates so effective is that it addresses the underlying structural imbalances in the body that lead to back pain.
4) Pilates promotes flexibility.
5) We usually think of our alignment as our posture, but good posture is a dynamic process, dependent on the body’s ability to align its parts, responding to varying demands effectively. When alignment is off, uneven stresses on the skeleton, especially the spine, are the result. Pilates exercise, done with attention to alignment, create uniform muscle use and development, allowing movement to flow through the body in a natural way.
6) Pilates increases body awareness.
ABOUT PURE PILATES AND SUSANNA FOUSTOK
Founded by Susanna Foustok, PURE Pilates was born from a strong love and dedication to the original work of Joseph Pilates.
Each class at PURE Pilates is focused on the uniform development of your body in order to create, stretch, strength and control, resulting in visible changes in your posture and movement.
The studio is one of few studios in the region fully equipped with Gratz equipment which is manufactured in New York according to the original specifications of Joseph Pilates.
The Pilates method, originally called Contrology, is considered to be one of the most innovative and complete fitness approaches ever developed.
Based on spring resistance, Pilates is a strong core workout to stretch and strengthen the body simultaneously. It is a unique system of specified exercises on mat and equipment that when done correctly yield incredible results.
Joseph Pilates perfected this method over several decades and invented numerous pieces of
apparatus to help people understand the work and to target specific weaknesses in the body.
Susanna has been teaching Pilates since 2003, originally studying with Stott Pilates in Oxford before completing full certification in 2007. In 2013 she was accepted to study at Vintage Pilates in Los Angeles under Jay Grimes, a First Generation Master teacher and one of the few people in the world who worked with Joseph and Clara Pilates in their studio.
She completed their intensive Masters Programme – ‘The Work’ in 2014 and was one of the small group of people that Jay selected personally to continue the apprenticeship in 2015-2016.
There are only 22 people in the world who have completed the two-year mentorship and Susanna is the only person in the UAE with this training.
Susanna says: “PURE Pilates is my contribution to the work. At PURE everything from the classes to the equipment function is as it would be in Joseph’s studio. People come and do their own individualized workouts. The workouts at PURE are tailor-made to each individual’s needs and once they understand the benefits they can move independently. This leaves the teacher free to give individual corrections and the bodies start to change.
“It’s fascinating how this old method can be so magical. Every day I get to witness my student’s bodies change and how empowering it is when they start to take control of their muscles. As a result, they feel so amazing.”
Located in Barsha Heights, PURE Pilates offers a welcoming place for everyone from beginners to experienced clients and teachers. Staying true to the classical method, the studio offers only private and small group classes.
Check out the images above to see the PURE Pilates studio in Dubai.
Even our reporter Stuart Appleby tried out PURE Pilates!