See Amir Khan and Terence Crawford discuss title fight announced for April in US

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford will take on Amir Khan in either New York or Las Vegas on April 20 – with their world title fight announced in London on Tuesday.

American Crawford, 31, is unbeaten in 34 professional fights, with 25 knockouts, and is considered to be one of the world’s best current pound-for-pound boxers.

British boxer Khan – one year Crawford’s senior – has won 33 and lost four of his 37 pro bouts, with 20 knockouts.

A venue has yet to be finalised, but the fight will either take place at Madison Square Garden in New York or at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.


Khan turned down a clash with British rival Kell Brook to take the fight.








Crawford’s promoter – boxing legend Bob Arum – said his fighter is the best welterweight he has seen since former five-weight world champion Sugar Ray Leonard.


Watch what the two men had to say here.



Most popular

Related Sections

Watch Manny Pacquiao react to Floyd Mayweather 'exhibition' versus Tenshin Nasukawa

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner held public workouts and spoke to the media in Los Angeles, United States on Thursday ahead of their World Welterweight Championship fight on January 19.

Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) will defend his WBA welterweight world title against Broner (33-3-1 24 KO’s) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The 40-year-old Filipino fighter was asked about great rival Floyd Mayweather’s controversial recent scrap with kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa.

He said: “I thought it was an exhibition. What I know in exhibition is just to entertain people, and nothing serious like that.”










Most popular

Related Sections

Floyd Mayweather makes light work of Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Floyd Mayweather knocked down Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa three times en route to a first-round stoppage in their boxing exhibition at the Saitama Super Arena.

Mayweather, 41, a former five-weight world champion who retired from boxing with a perfect professional record of 50-0 last year, saw off an opponent 21 years his junior.

In a bout that was scheduled for three rounds just outside Tokyo, Nasukawa lasted only two minutes and 20 seconds before his corner threw in the towel.

Mayweather said in the build-up he expected to pocket £7.06m from the fight, which headlined an event organised by Rizin Fighting Federation, a Japanese mixed martial arts organisation.

Mayweather had a 4kg weight advantage over Nasukawa, who boasted an unbeaten record in 28 kickboxing bouts and four contests in MMA, with this fight having no bearing on either man’s official record.

Nasukawa, though, reportedly faced a multi-million dollar fine if he attempted to kick out at Mayweather.

A grinning Mayweather started supremely confidently and dropped Nasukawa for the first time with a left hook with barely a minute gone.

A body shot followed by an uppercut saw Nasukawa slump to the canvas again moments later, with the southpaw bravely getting to his feet, albeit on unsteady legs.

A one-two from Mayweather precipitated the end of the contest, and the American said in quotes published by BBC Sport: “It was all about entertainment – we had a lot of fun. They wanted this to happen in Japan, so I said ‘why not?'”

“I’m still undefeated. Tenshin is still undefeated. Tenshin is a true champion and a hell of a fighter.

“I want the fans around the world to support Tenshin, he’s a great guy and a great champion.”

Most popular

Related Tags