Watch Amir Khan get ready for exciting Jeddah fight against Billy Dib

David Cooper 10/07/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

In the twilight of their boxing careers, former world champions Amir Khan and Billy Dib loook ahead to a big payday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

They are also fighting for the vacant WBC International welterweight title

“I want to create history, I want big fights to come to Saudi Arabia” said Khan who launched his career 15 years ago with silver at the Athens Olympics.









Most popular

Related Tags

Andy Ruiz Jr cannot wait for Anthony Joshua rematch

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Andy Ruiz Jr has said he will be even more prepared for his rematch against Anthony Joshua after claiming a shock victory over the Briton in New York earlier this month.

The 29-year-old took to the streets of California, where he was born, in an open-top car to celebrate winning the IBF, WBA and WBO titles with a seventh-round stoppage victory at Madison Square Garden.

The Mexican-American boxer returned to the city of Imperial for the parade held in his honour and told reporters he was sure he could get the better of Joshua once again.

In comments reported by the BBC, he said: “The rematch is going to be the same. I am going to be more prepared and more ready.

“I know his flaws. I can do a lot better. The only thing that he can do is just run around, he’s not good at boxing.”

Joshua was on the receiving end of one of the biggest shocks in the history of heavyweight boxing on his United States debut on June 1.

He was knocked down twice in the third round and twice more in the seventh, forcing referee Mike Griffin to stop the contest.

Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn announced days after the fight that the contracted rematch clause had been triggered and the second fight will take place in November or December.

“People thought I wasn’t going to do anything, I was too big, too overweight,” Ruiz Jr added. “I don’t want to say all the things I am going to change.

“There is going to be a lot of changing, I am going to come at a better weight this time. It’s going to be a hell of a fight.”

Copy provided by Press Association Sport

For the very latest news, analysis and opinion download the Sport360 app

Most popular

Video: Andy Ruiz admits first thing he did with money from beating Anthony Joshua was buy his mum a car

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Newly-crowned unified world heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz revealed the first thing he did with his prizemoney for beating Anthony Joshua was buy his mum a car.

Ruiz, 29, spoke in his hometown on Friday on the eve of a parade to mark his historic achievement.

Ruiz, who stopped Joshua in the seventh round of their June 1 bout at Madison Square Garden, captured the WBA, WBO, IBF and the IBO heavyweight titles.

“Well first of all…I bought a car for my mum, that was the first purchase that I made from the money that I got,” said Ruiz, born in the city of Imperial, California, which will host his parade on Saturday.


“I bought my mum a car because I messed up a lot of her cars when I was young.”








Ruiz inflicted the first professional defeat of Joshua’s career and derailed the Briton’s plans for a unification clash with American Deontay Wilder in 2020.


Joshua activated the rematch clause with Ruiz just days after the defeat, with early suggestions that if it takes place in London, it could be set for November at Wembley Stadium or English Premier League club Tottenham’s new stadium.



Most popular

Related Sections