Reaction after former world light-welterweight champion Amir Khan stopped Australia’s Billy Dib in their fight in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday.
The fight was halted in the fourth round after a flurry of punches from Khan resulted in the towel being thrown in by Dib’s corner.
The Australian only took the fight at short notice after Khan’s original opponent, India’s Neeraj Goyat was injured in a car crash.
Khan won the WBC international welterweight belt as a result of his win – it was a quick return to the ring for the Briton after he lost in April to American Terence Crawford for the WBO full title.
Know more about Sport360 Application
In the twilight of their boxing careers, former world champions Amir Khan and Billy Dib loook ahead to a big payday in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
They are also fighting for the vacant WBC International welterweight title
“I want to create history, I want big fights to come to Saudi Arabia” said Khan who launched his career 15 years ago with silver at the Athens Olympics.
Andy Ruiz Jr has said he will be even more prepared for his rematch against Anthony Joshua after claiming a shock victory over the Briton in New York earlier this month.
The 29-year-old took to the streets of California, where he was born, in an open-top car to celebrate winning the IBF, WBA and WBO titles with a seventh-round stoppage victory at Madison Square Garden.
The Mexican-American boxer returned to the city of Imperial for the parade held in his honour and told reporters he was sure he could get the better of Joshua once again.
In comments reported by the BBC, he said: “The rematch is going to be the same. I am going to be more prepared and more ready.
“I know his flaws. I can do a lot better. The only thing that he can do is just run around, he’s not good at boxing.”
Joshua was on the receiving end of one of the biggest shocks in the history of heavyweight boxing on his United States debut on June 1.
He was knocked down twice in the third round and twice more in the seventh, forcing referee Mike Griffin to stop the contest.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn announced days after the fight that the contracted rematch clause had been triggered and the second fight will take place in November or December.
“People thought I wasn’t going to do anything, I was too big, too overweight,” Ruiz Jr added. “I don’t want to say all the things I am going to change.
“There is going to be a lot of changing, I am going to come at a better weight this time. It’s going to be a hell of a fight.”
Copy provided by Press Association Sport