Fernando Santos’ first XI in the semi-final against Switzerland, including hat-trick hero Cristiano Ronaldo, went onto the pitch for the first time since Wednesday’s 3-1 victory at Estadio do Dragao.
Potugal are the only side unbeaten in the competition, after finishing on top of group A3, with two wins and two draws against Italy and Poland, and beating Switzerland to reach the final.
Ronaldo’s side will face in the Netherlands on Sunday in Porto and the Juventus superstar’s international team-mate Ruben Dias says the 34-year-old will need help from the rest of the squad to secure success.
“Of course, he needs a team to support him and we are united on this task,” Dias said.
Hear more from the centre-back in the clip above
The deal is the second-most expensive in football history and here, we list the top 10.
1. Neymar, Barcelona to Paris St Germain, 2017, £200.6million
2 .Eden Hazard, Chelsea to Real Madrid, 2019, £150m
3. Kylian Mbappe, Monaco to Paris St Germain, 2017, £128m
4. Philippe Coutinho, Liverpool to Barcelona, 2018, £106.4m
5. Ousmane Dembele, Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona, 2017, £96.8m
6. Paul Pogba, Juventus to Manchester United, 2016, £89m
7. Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid to Juventus, 2018, £88.7m
8. Gareth Bale, Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013, £85.3m
9. Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United to Real Madrid, 2009, £80m
10. Gonzalo Higuain, Napoli to Juventus, 2016, £75.3m
Brazil forward Neymar has been ruled out of the Copa America with an ankle ligament injury.
The 27-year-old suffered the setback in the first half of the Selecao’s 2-0 friendly win over Qatar on Wednesday.
“After suffering a sprain in his right ankle during last Wednesday’s game against Qatar, Neymar was evaluated and subjected to complementary imaging tests that confirmed ligament rupture in the ankle,” a statement on www.cbf.com read.
“Due to the seriousness of the injury, Neymar will not have the physical conditions and sufficient recovery time to participate in the Copa America Brasil 2019.”
The Paris St Germain star left the field at the Estadio Nacional visibly upset and was later seen leaving the ground on crutches.
Neymar has picked up several injuries dating back to 2014, when he missed the World Cup semi-final against Germany with a back injury.
The former Barcelona forward also injured his metatarsal in the months leading up to the 2018 World Cup and missed the final months of the current Ligue 1 season with a similar problem.
Hosts Brazil kick off the Copa America on June 14 against Bolivia, with the final set to be played on July 7 at the Maracana in Rio.
Provided by Press Association Sport