Video: New Everton signing Moise Kean insists he did not leave Italy due to racism

Sport360 staff 09:52 07/08/2019
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

Moise Kean has extra motivation to shine for Everton following the reaction from fans since he joined the club.

The 19-year-old Italy forward completed a switch from Juventus on Sunday on a five-year contract.

In April, Kean was subjected to racist abuse from the stands in a 2-0 Serie A win at Cagliari.

When he scored the second goal late on he stood facing the crowd with his arms spread, something he later posted an image of on Instagram, with the caption: “The best way to respond to racism #notoracism”.


A JustGiving page was created on Sunday which said it was to fund a banner for Goodison Park that will “show Kean we are a family at Everton and united against racism.”








On Tuesday afternoon it had over 200 supporters, with the the total raised more than £2,500 – the target had been £1,000.





When asked about that at a press conference on Tuesday, Kean said: “It is beautiful. Racism is horrendous and we have to fight hard against racism. I’m going to repay the fans for all they do for me.


“I am feeling even more motivated and willing to repay them by training at 100 per cent of my ability and giving the maximum I can.”


Regarding the general sense of excitement among Everton supporters over his arrival that has been evident on social media, Kean added: “I’ve had a look and I think fans should be repaid on the field, giving 100 per cent of my ability to repay them, playing as good as I can, at the best of my ability.”



Know more about Sport360 Application

Recommended


Most popular