Sergej Milinkovic-Savic's father wants son to opt for Juventus ahead of Real Madrid move

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn

After making an impressive start to World Cup 2018, speculation linking Serbia star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic‘s to Real Madrid has only grown in stature.

However, according to his father, his son, would be wise to stay in Serie A for a lengthier period of time.

Savic’s club Lazio are reportedly demanding €100 million for the midfielder and his father – Nikola Milinkovic, reckons the time is right for his son to join Juventus.

“Juventus would be the ideal team, perfect for him,” Nikola told Tuttosport.

“In Turin, at a club of great prestige that has dominated Calcio for years, he would have the opportunity to grow and improve again, to reach full maturity.

“After three seasons in Rome, Sergej knows Serie A perfectly, he has established himself and integrated in a big way, and has learned the language well.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic controls the ball

“And they have high-level players like [Paulo] Dybala, Douglas Costa and more that can win the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia, and make an important contribution to he Champions League. Why not [win it]? Juve always go very far in this competition.

“And if he wins the most prestigious title, Sergej could also aim for the Ballon d’Or.”

Having said that, Nikola is of the view that a move to Spain in the future is a possibility and Sergej should try and follow former Los Blancos star Zinedine Zidane’s career path.

“He could reach Spain after he’s 25 years old [currently aged 23],” noted the player’s father.

“He will have completed his footballing maturity in Italy. Just as Zidane did.”

Most popular

Alex Telles headlines our Rumour Mill as Porto defender is linked with Liverpool

David Cooper 18/06/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Alex Telles netted four times for Porto last season.

The summer transfer window for all international deals is open.

That has started a frenzy of speculation as players and coaches look for their next moves.

Across the world of football, there is plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking.

Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen very soon.

Let us know your thoughts via Twitter and Facebook.

ALEX TELLES

Liverpool could splash the cash and sign the Porto defensive star by triggering his £35 million (Dh170m) release clause this summer.

Portuguese publication A Bola reports that the 25-year-old, who has yet to win a cap for Portugal but is also eligible to play for Italy, is near the top of the Kop side’s remaining transfer wishlist.

Chelsea are also thought to be interested in his services as Porto are resigned to losing another star, following youngster Diogo Dalot’s recent move to Manchester United and Ricardo Pereira’s switch to Leicester City.

It is not yet known whether Telles, who previously played for Galatasaray and Inter Milan, has targeted a move to the Premier League.

Porto's Brazilian defender Alex Telles (L) vies with Liverpool's Egyptian midfielder Mohamed Salah during the UEFA Champions League round of sixteen first leg football match between FC Porto and Liverpool at the Dragao stadium in Porto, Portugal on February 14, 2018. Liverpool won the game 5-0. / AFP PHOTO / Francisco LEONG (Photo credit should read FRANCISCO LEONG/AFP/Getty Images)

Telles played against Liverpool in the Champions League last season.

ISSA DIOP

West ham have edged a step closer and ahead of Everton in the race to land the towering Toulouse defender, L’Equipe reports.

The Hammers are set for a major summer makeover following a disappointing campaign last time out and Manuel Pellegrini’s big arrival to the London Stadium.

The Chilean has been handed an extensive financial warchest by the east London club’s hierarchy and wants to sign Diop, 21, who has emerged as one of the standout performers in Ligue 1 and also been capped at under-21 level by France.

Pellegrini wants to bring in up to seven players before the new season gets underway and has already acquired Ryan Fredericks on a free transfer from Fulham.

Toulouse's French defender Issa Diop (R) reacts after scoring during  the French L1 football match between Angers (SCO) and Toulouse (TFC), on October 21, 2017, in Raymond-Kopa Stadium, in Angers, northwestern France. / AFP PHOTO / JEAN-FRANCOIS MONIER        (Photo credit should read JEAN-FRANCOIS MONIER/AFP/Getty Images)

Issa Diop celebrates a goal last season.

Most popular

Ilkay Gundogan headlines our Rumour Mill as Barcelona pursue Man City star

David Cooper 18/06/2018
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • Mail
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • G+
  • WhatsApp
  • Pinterest
  • LinkedIn
Barca-bound?

The summer transfer window for all international deals is open.

That has started a frenzy of speculation as players and coaches look for their next moves.

Across the world of football, there is plenty of activity and stories that have football fans talking.

Here, we look at the latest transfer deals that could happen very soon.

Let us know your thoughts via Twitter and Facebook.

ILKAY GUNDOGAN

Barcelona could move for the Manchester City playmaker this summer following club icon Andres Iniesta‘s departure to Japanese outfit Vissel Kobe, according to The Sun.

Philippe Coutinho was previously billed as the Spanish maestro’s natural successor but Barca want to bring in Gundogan, too.

The 27-year-old, who enjoyed a strong comeback campaign with the Premier League champions, is currently on World Cup duty with Germany and seemingly happy in Manchester.

However, City are well-stocked for talent in creative areas and could almost double their return on the man they signed from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2016, fetching as much as £50 million (Dh 243m).

Gundogan

Gundogan is wanted by the Camp Nou club.

N’GOLO KANTE

The Chelsea midfielder is putting speculation over his future on the back-burner until after the World Cup.

Having endured a tough season with the Blues, the marathon man is immersed in tournament play with France and is apparently not paying too much attention to rumours linking him with a switch to Paris Saint-Germain.

The 27-year-old is undoubtedly still a key player for the Stamford Bridge side and has given no indication he wants to return to his homeland and ply his trade there.

He has, however, confirmed to French reporters that his focus is solely on Les Bleus and their bid for success in Russia.

N'Golo Kante

Kante anchors the Chelsea midfield.

JACK WILSHERE

The Arsenal midfielder is set to leave the club on a free transfer at the end of this month, according to The Mirror.

Wilshere’s contract expires in June and talks to extend his Gunners deal have stalled, with new boss Unai Emery seemingly unwilling to include the 26-year-old in his future plans.

It means the England international, who missed out on a place in Gareth Southgate’s World Cup squad, will be on the lookout for a new club.

Everton have been linked with his services in the past while AC Milan have also shown interest.

Jack Wilshere

Resigned to leaving Arsenal: Jack Wilshere.

Most popular