Standard Chartered Bank’s (the “Bank”) “Liverpool FC Penalty Shoot Out” Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms & Conditions govern your (the “Participant”) participation in the Bank’s “Liverpool FC Penalty Shoot Out” Competition (the “Competition”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before deciding to enter the Competition.
2. To participate in the Competition the Participant must be over 18 years of age (as at the date of invitation), has signed consent for his/her child (the “Child”) to enter the competition, their Child is under 12 years of age (as at the date of participation) and that the Participant has a valid email address. By entering the Competition, the Participant is agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. In addition, the Participant representing the details are true and complete..
3. The Competition is open to all children between the ages of 6 and 12.
4. The “Competition” involves the the Child and the Participant to attend the Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon event taking place near the Dubai Police Academy to take part in a penalty shoot out. 2 children will be selected as overall “Prize Winners”. Winners will be based on the highest score achieved at the penalty shootout. The winners with the highest score will be selected as overall “Prize Winners”. They will each get a chance to be the mascot at either one of the Liverpool FC v Sunderland or Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspur game. To determine which game will the child be the mascot, a raffle will be conducted for both winners on the actual event day. Both children must not be above 12 years of age on the day of the games. Participants will be invited to enter their Child to the Competition by answering a question through the Bank’s media partners.
5. The Competition will commence on Friday, 24 January 2013.
6. The Prize Winner will receive return economy class air-tickets to Manchester for two – (1) adults, (1) child from Dubai International Airport for two (2) people, two (2) nights accommodation. Prize Winners will not be reimbursed for the transport between the hotel and stadium.(“Prize”).
7. The Prize Winners will be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas. Travel and other insurance are not included and the Prize Winner is strongly advised to take out insurance cover for all appropriate risks. All other expenses incurred in addition to the Prize components expressly set out in clause 8 are at the sole expense of the Prize Winner and/or his/her companion.
8. In the event that the Prize Winner is unable to accept the Prize on 24 January by the stipulated time, the Child scoring the third highest score will be chosen as a winner at the ‘Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon event. No alternative prize will be offered to the original Pirze Winner.
9. Prizes are non-transferable and subject to availability. The Bank reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes which may be of equivalent value at any time.
10. By entering into the Competition, the Participant: a. confirms that the Bank owns all the rights in such content and that such content does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; b. agrees that the Bank, Standard Chartered Group (and its agents) may use, publish, modify, adapt, rework, broadcast and reproduce your content without limitation worldwide and in any and all media for the purpose of operating and promoting the Competition and for its commercial and business activities;
11. All promotional images produced by Standard Chartered Bank associated with the competition, contestants, winners and prizes will be the property of Standard Chartered Bank and may be used on the Site.
12. Participant agrees that any and all personal information/data relating to you collected by the Bank from the Site from time to time may be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the Competition and to such persons as may be involved in operating or promoting the Competition. Collection and use of your personal information/data shall be in accordance with the Bank’s privacy statement which may be found at http://www.standardchartered.com/_legal-notices/eur_datapp/en/index.html.
13. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that the Bank will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your participation in the Competition. To the extent that the Bank suffers any claim, loss, damage or judgment due to your acts or omissions (including, but not limited to, your participation in the Competition) you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Bank, the Standard Chartered Group and their respective officers, employees and agents.
14. If you are in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions the Bank may immediately withdraw your participation in the Competition without notice. The Bank’s decision shall be final.
15. The Bank reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time if it feels it appropriate to do so due to technical, unauthorized human intervention or any other reason. The Bank may change any dates set for the Competition at its absolute discretion by notifying any new dates on the Site or otherwise notifying the relevant participants.
16. The Prize Winner may be required to participate in public relations events to generate press coverage for the Competition. This may include without limitation quotes given by the Prize Winner for inclusion in press releases and press conferences, interviews, etc.
17. "Standard Chartered", "Standard Chartered Bank", , are the registered trade marks of Standard Chartered PLC and no permission or licence is granted to use any such trade marks without the prior written consent of Standard Chartered PLC.
18. Save for marks and logos which belong to Facebook, the Bank’s partners and licensors, all contents of this Site (including text, graphics, links and sounds) are the intellectual property rights of the Bank and may not be copied, amended, modified, adapted, translated, distributed or published in any way without the prior written consent of the Bank.
19. You acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and any and all personal information/data provided by you on the Site is to the Bank and not to Facebook. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that Facebook will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of the Site, participation in the Competition or any content posted on the Site.
20. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of United Arab Emirates and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of United Arab Emirates.