With UAE temperatures soaring to over 40 degrees it’s important to stay hydrated during exercise.
For those training outdoors, hydration is essential especially with rising humidity in the evening which can result in fluid loss, dizziness and drop in your body’s performance.
If you want to keep getting the best out of your individual performance then staying hydrated before, during and after exercise needs to be a priority.
Water is one of the most important components in our body, transporting nutrients and regulating body temperature.
If you’re someone who is passionate about their health, bringing a bottle of water should be one of your main priorities.
Here’s our top 10 for staying hydrated.
1. Start your day by drinking a litre of water and you’ll feel more energetic and positive
2. If you don’t like the taste of water, add slices of fruit like lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit
3. Drink 2 litres a day and if your exercising, you should be taking in more
4. If you’re at restaurant drink water and you’ll save calories and cash!
5. After your cup of coffee, drink a glass of still or sparkling water to re-hydrate the body.
6. If you’re out with friends, make it a priority to drink a litre-plus of water at the end of the night. It’ll ease the pain the following morning!
7. Drinking water will prevent sleepiness and fatigue during your working day
8. The more water you drink the less hungry you’ll feel!
9. Water can improve your mood and make you feel more positive!
10. Water can get rid of waste through sweat and urine to make your body healthier